Main Menu

Dont buy this car!!!

Started by Kenny C, March 15, 2010, 02:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

= DARRIN =

Jim Stettler

Kenny,
Back in the day, my brother-in-law was 12. He bought an old corvette block for $10.00. He had dreams of creating a V8 Vega. Over the years he traded labor for parts and machining. By the time he could drive he had a real nice V8 that he put in  .... a Vega.

Follow your dreams, They are yours, and you can make them happen.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Steve

Back in the mid 80's I had a 1966 300.

steel dash, bucket seats, and an ashtray stash compartment that was a foot wide that pulled out from the dash.

That was a nice car.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Kenny C

i like that car the ricardos and the mertzes took to california it is a 1955 pontiac starcheif convertible correct me if i'm wrong

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jester

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on March 15, 2010, 09:09:21 PM
I am thinking something below 59 with white walls ;D ;D ;)

If that's how you feel, Kenny, you need to read up on the original 300C:
http://tinyurl.com/ylya7et

p.s.  Bring PLENTY of cash!!!
Stephen

AET

I like your taste kenney.  My best friend drives a 92 Dakota, I think it is. Good truck, we've done some serious hauling with it.  My brother drives a big, jacked up 86 Ram.  All white with 01 on the doors.  It's called Mighty Whitey.  My mom had an 87 Ram, those were good trucks.  We had an 89 Voyager, which I hated from day one.  My dad sold our 77 Ford LTD wagon for this thing, and then it had a heavy sliding door, always blew radiator hoses and was always getting stuck.  I hated it.  We've usually been Chevy/GM people and same goes for me, 3 or the 4 cars I own are GM and the other's a Ford.
- Tom

foots

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on March 15, 2010, 10:01:23 PM
i like that car the ricardos and the mertzes took to california it is a 1955 pontiac starcheif convertible correct me if i'm wrong

Kenny, speaking of Ricardo (and Chrysler), you should get one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIL3fbGbU2o
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AET

Oh how I wish that cars still had lots of chrome and fins for miles.  It's a shame that cars are plastic bubbles that instead of the doors slamming, they burp like tupperware.
- Tom

Netdewt

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 16, 2010, 04:05:15 AM
Oh how I wish that cars still had lots of chrome and fins for miles.  It's a shame that cars are plastic bubbles that instead of the doors slamming, they burp like tupperware.

In reality, if new cars still had that you wouldn't like it.

My wife wanted me to buy a Pacifica. No way. It looks like a messed up minivan. Did I mention I hate minivans?

AET

I dunno, I really love that styling, it's really too bad it went away.
- Tom

Kenny C

I love the styling of the fifties and early sixties. It is a shame that all of those buisnesses that made actual cars out of steel instead of fiber glass went out of buisness like Packard Studebaker, and Hudson. My mom has backed into my dads truck three times this year and i told her that a real car could of taken it
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

I have a deep fondness for old American cars, but don't have one and have not for decades.  These days I drive Hondas of various types, including a 1970 motorcycle.  I've owned about 22 cars and trucks in my life but only 5 have been American made, the rest German or Japanese, which are the cars I've been more interested in owning.

Dad was a confirmed Ford guy, except for one Toyota he bought at the height of the gas crisis in 81', but I've only had a couple of Fords myself and that was 15 tears ago.  He had some very cool cars, including a very sweet 66' Galaxy with a 429 dual carb engine.  Curiously though my tastes ran the exact opposite and I get excited about 1.5 liter diesels in tiny Rabbits.  

Funny how that can happen.  I think dad's Toyota started it all, it was so totally different than anything else we'd owned and rock solid, quick, and got great mileage.  Guess that hooked me.

AET

My dad drove big boats, because that's all there was in that era really.  He had a 66 Caprice Wagon, a 65 Impala SS, a 68 Impala SS 427, a 69 Roadrunner, a 70 GMC, just to name a few.  Mom had one car, which she even still had when I was a kid, an 81 AMC Eagle her dad bought new.  Besides our Station Wagon and Mini-Van, Mom and Dad's daily drivers have always been 4x4 SUVs and Pickups.  And my folks swear by trucks, and I'm just not that into them.  I like my cruisers.  "Granny Cars" as people call my vehicles.
- Tom