"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Member from Ontario, Canada

Started by remotecontrol, May 18, 2016, 10:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remotecontrol

Hello from Barrie, Ontario, Canada.

I have had this old telephone mounted on my living room wall for 20+ years - a Northern Electric N717CG. After doing some home renovations which required removing the phone, I decided I wanted to see if i could get it working. I Googled the model number and landed on your site, specifically this thread - http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13010.15. Thanks to the contributors on that thread, and specifically the wiring diagram, i was able to get this phone working; I simply pick up the receiver when it rings (got to love those old ringers), and it works perfectly. Took me a while to figure out that I needed to power the transmitter, just have a couple of D batteries doing the trick for now.

Would be nice to be able to dial out, does anyone recommend a dialer I could connect to it to automatically call either mine or my wife's cell phone?

Look forward to interacting on this site.

Pete
Pete

dsk

Hi, welcome to the forum.
I'm sure we may find a dial solution for you.

dsk

HarrySmith

Hi & Welcome to the asylum. Probably the easiest way to add a dial is to use a touchtone pad. Here is an article on how to do it from the ATCA website. I have done this a few times, very easy to do!

http://atcaonline.com/ttpad.html

Credit to ATCA & the author Stan S.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Welcome to CRPF Pete, I'm from Belleville, Ontario. Lots of Canadians on this site.  I*I

Mr. Bones

Welcome, Pete!

I'm glad you have joined us.

Please, make yourself at home, and read everything here LOL! :o

For reference: you may only have 1 antique telephone, but it is a phone I don't have (yet) ;) , so in my eyes, at least, your collection is quite cool!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

oldguy

Welcome Pete, 1 phone is like having 1 potato chip. You can't have just 1. Then you have a few phones. Then you will have to have a phone system to network them together. And on and on. Welcome to the insanity ;-)

Gary
Gary