News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A GOOD BUY ON eBay?

Started by Phoniac, January 28, 2011, 04:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoniac

I just received a package that was said to be phone parts that I purchased on eBay. I purchased the lot at a "Buy it Now" price of $15 which I thought was reasonable for the one item, a digital butt set that was amongst it all. I have one but it's an older analog one and doesn't have all the bells and ringers like this one does. Too make a long story short, there are a few parts of the many here I'm not familiar with, like some very large ringers, a bag of Vari-Tone ringers and a test switch that looks like it plugs into one of those outer system boards (for the lack of the proper words). Maybe you can identify them for me and or explain there use. Of course I know what the butt set is for, it's pic is here just to show you what I consider I mainly paid for.

LarryInMichigan

The ringers in the first picture look like Stromberg Carlson frequency ringers from SC1543 or similar phones.

Larry

Doug Rose

The Butt set is an analog, these last forever. I still have the first one I was ever issued....Doug
Kidphone

Phoniac

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on January 28, 2011, 04:31:15 PM
The ringers in the first picture look like Stromberg Carlson frequency ringers from SC1543 or similar phones.

Larry
Those are mighty big ringers Larry 5" long x 4 1/2". Not much room left for a network.

Dennis Markham

I'm afraid those ringers aren't going to ring either.  They make good paper weights.

Phoniac

Quote from: Kidphone on January 28, 2011, 04:33:34 PM
The Butt set is an analog, these last forever. I still have the first one I was ever issued....Doug

I reckon I should have said tone instead of digital. My old one is a pulse/Rotary.

Phoniac

Quote from: Dennis Markham on January 28, 2011, 04:37:49 PM
I'm afraid those ringers aren't going to ring either.  They make good paper weights.

Dennis, That's okay, if anybody wants them they can have them. I have no need for them. Like I said, I was only interested in the butt set. You want'em?

Dennis Markham

Dennis, That's okay, if anybody wants them they can have them. I have no need for them. Like I said, I was only interested in the butt set. You want'em?
[/quote]

Thank you, but I have a bunch of ringers already that are of no use to me.  But thanks for the offer.

LarryInMichigan

You never know when you might have a use for the parts.  I have received a few phones missing gongs and have one with a bad ringer coil.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

Or, you could make animal sculptures with them.  I'll bet they would be dead ringers :)

Larry

Tom B

Reckon they might make great lamps ;D
Tom

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Phoniac on January 28, 2011, 04:38:37 PM
Quote from: Kidphone on January 28, 2011, 04:33:34 PM

I reckon I should have said tone instead of digital. My old one is a pulse/Rotary.

This buttset  is the TS-21 they were the industry standard for years. THey got replaced by the TS-22 (w/speaker).

The TS-21 is a more ergonomical buttinski and I prefer them.
$15.00 was a great price for the butt set.

Around here Qwest has replaced their TS22's with "Fluke networks TS44 deluxe" buttsets. I still prefer the TS21

JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Phoniac

Replaced with FLUKE's! Geez, I cant even say Fluke without getting a cramp in my wallet.

AE_Collector

Hasn't Fluke bought out Harris Dracon or at least their test equipment line?

Terry

Jim Stettler

Here is a TS22 and the current Fluke buttsets.
The fluke has an interesting clip and you can swap which end the hook goes on. The last photo shows the clip "insert". I swapped the clip on this buttset (because I could).

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.