News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A.T.& T's "Homestar"

Started by Babybearjs, July 25, 2014, 12:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

OK, this is new.... does anyone know anything about ATT's "Homestar" system. I saw a interface module on Ebay and had never heard of this system. all that was on Ebay was a connection box with what looked like 110 Punchings. does anyone have any info on this series, as it has peaked my interest.
John

Kenton K

Looks like a box hub where the phone line comes in and it is split and distributed thorough the house/building. I would guess this would go where one would need many phone lines, like offices or apartments.

poplar1

Ken's right.

Zoom in on the instruction sheet. It shows that this is a 810E box is an 802B Panel for terminating six inside 4-pair wires. The 802B panel can be used for an electronic key system where the cable from the KSU terminates on the left and the wires to the individual phones on the right. In the diagram, only two pairs of each inside wire are terminated--a talk pair and a data pair as was typical for "skinny wire" key systems. So you could terminate 12 inside wires using two pairs of each wire, 6 if you used all 4 pairs, or 24 for a digital system that used only 1 pair for each multi-line phone.

The 802A panel (not shown in the Ebay item)  is used for  up to 8 inside wires bridged to the same 2 lines. The individual 110 wafers are bridged together at the factory. This would be typical for a residence without a key system.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

was this something that ATT Had for new construction, or was it something that the consumer could purchase, I've never heard of it.
John