News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Touch-A-Matic 32 Ajunct dialer

Started by Babybearjs, August 14, 2014, 03:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, I finally installed the dialer and guess what..... is doesn't work right.... Hmmmm based on the troubleshooting guide, it sounds like the memory... all the buttons work, except the keypad won't dial out and the only keys that have tone are the middle row... 2,5,8, and 0. the record light comes on and works OK, but the unit won't dial or record. so, where does one go to get a new memory board?? can't go to ATT its discontinued... so what to do??? anyone have parts for these units? I got the P/S on Ebay, was able to wire in the cord, then realized it was installed backwards.... the modular jack was suppose to go to the phone and the RJ45 cord on the dialer.... got that fixed, now I can unplug the unit and the phone still works.... verifying the wiring, I have the blue set connected to #9 and the green wire off the keyset, and the orange leads connected to F and #8 (spare ) the green leads are the A-Lead wires and the brown leads are the SPKR leads (speaker phone) these are terminated on spare connections right now. the manual shows them as not being hooked up... I replaced the 10 Conductor cord for a 8 conductor, the slate pair didn't serve a purpose. Thank you Phil for the unit, it does work, kind of..... anyway, I'm looking at having to replace the memory board if this thing is ever going to work.... unless I missed something and need to hook it up.....  If anyone has parts, please let me know....   thanks!
John