"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric vs Northern Electric

Started by Rokumoncat, April 15, 2015, 01:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rokumoncat

Hi All,

Several years ago, I obtained a nice albeit dirty green Northern Electric Call Director. My wife just bought me a buffing motor because she told me that the grandkids say that I spend too much time sanding and polishing "old phones that don't hold any songs". So I thought that I would start on that call director by sending the dial to Cougarvalley phones for cleaning and repair, and polish out the shell to get used to the buffing wheel and plastic polish.

My question is this... are Northern Electric and Western Electric Call Directors electrically compatible? Is it just a matter of looking at BSPs for that phone and hooking it up to my 1A2 system?

Thank you for the advice!

Best,

J

Contempra

I will say that they are compatible.. ..I have a Western electric and some Nothern electric and there's no big difference.. You can use the handset, casing, baseboard and many other things on both telephone.

NorthernElectric

Quote from: Rokumoncat on April 15, 2015, 01:50:48 PMMy wife just bought me a buffing motor because she told me that the grandkids say that I spend too much time sanding and polishing "old phones that don't hold any songs".

Did you tell them that they don't need songs because the ringers make sweet music?   ;D
Cliff