News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Leich phone What model number?

Started by Dave Beck, February 26, 2014, 01:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Beck

Can anyone tell me the model number of this phone and also where to find a wiring diagram?

Thanks for the help,
Dave Beck

wds

I believe it's a 901.  I've always like this phone, and have a couple in my collection, but they don't seem to be very popular and go for pretty cheap.
Dave

paul-f

It's a Leich 90.

(The 901 was the later "Convertible" model - desk/wall.)

Wiring:
  http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/document-repository/doc_details/11853-leich-62-90a-90g-cb-desk-tels-wiring-and-enhanced-schematic-sk-iss-2

Here's the auction photo for reference.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Matilo Telephones

Strange handset. Looks like a cross between the British GPO handset and that French bakelite handset.

Nice phone, by the way.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

wds

you're right, it's a 90.  TCI library has the 90 picture on the 901 wiring diagram. 
Dave

paul-f

Quote from: wds on February 26, 2014, 02:39:39 PM
you're right, it's a 90.  TCI library has the 90 picture on the 901 wiring diagram.

Thanks for pointing that out.  It's been fixed!

Dave Beck

Thanks Guys! With the help of the diagram, I was able to redo the wiring and get this little rascal working. I will post a picture when completely finished, I am waiting on some felt to redo the bottom. It is going to be a cute little phone.

Thanks again for the help,
Dave Beck

paul-f

You're welcome, Dave.

I really like the modular design.  There were other variations available without the ringer and with a magneto.

Leich made a cover that could go on the bottom of your phone after removing the top (cradle, etc.) to make it into a ringer box.  Similarly, the magneto version could pb easily packaged in one compact wall mounted unit or separated into a wall mounted magneto and desk set.

They would make great future additions to display with your set.