News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Unusual Trimline Based Speakerphone Sold On Ebay

Started by magicbrain, August 07, 2019, 10:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicbrain

This Trimline based speakerphone sold for $299.33 - The housing, handset, etc. have Bell System markings - Anyone know what this is & how it was used?

ebay link: https://tinyurl.com/y48spyda
( dead link 03-21-21 )

Bruce

compubit

I have. It seen anything like this before, but surmise that the handset and base (on the left in the main picture), were custom-built /assembled for a conferencing setup. The Trimline handset perfectly fits the K-1 handset base, so I suspect that the base is just for speakerphone control - with the tone pad on the base used for control, and tone pad in the Trimline handset for dialing.  Seeing the screws visible on the faceplate, and the faceplate having just a rectangular cut for the 12-button pad, says to me that this probably wasn't a Bell System Job...

Just my 2ยข...
Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Key2871

Wow, that's pretty cool. I have never seen anything like it before. Anyone here own it now?
KEN