News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Toy Princess Phone

Started by Adam, April 07, 2011, 02:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

This Princess Phone toy is currently on eBay.  Funny that they emulated a 500 dial numbering style instead of the Princess style with the numbers and letters under the finger holes.

But looking at this picture makes one wonder, why didn't WE attempt to make the Princess Phone this way?  It doesn't look bad to my eyes.  And they had just gone through the big change of numbers and letters outside the dial wheel with the new 500, calling it a great improvement over numbers and letters under the finger holes of every previous WE dial.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Jim Stettler

As a side note. A few years ago (5-6) you could still find toy 10 button princess phones at the department stores. It wouldn't surprise me if they are still avaliable.

Jim

BTW That looks like a coin bank.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Adam

You mean, like this one?  :-)

This toy Princess phone is currently on Etsy.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

bingster

I think the top photo may explain why they didn't do the real Princess that way.  The gap between the left of the dial and the dropoff is so narrow that there isn't room enough for the letters/numbers unless they're very small.  That means they'd all have to be small to match, and that's just too small to see easily.
= DARRIN =

jsowers

The main reason the letters and numbers weren't done that way is they wouldn't light up. I've never seen a Princess toy with the letters and numbers outside the dial like that.
Jonathan

Owain

Here's one that looks like a Princess. It's a toy intercom.

Ebay Link

Jim Stettler

Quote from: masstel on April 07, 2011, 03:14:25 PM
You mean, like this one?  :-)

This toy Princess phone is currently on Etsy.

Yes. I also saw "2-line" toy rotary princess in the same time frame. I think the line key activated a recording, but I am not sure.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.