News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Check it out! Check it out! I saved the best for last!!!

Started by Ed D, May 01, 2011, 09:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed D

Wowsers!  OK, so I had gone to my local Home of the Despot to look for some hardware, and whilst perusing the electrical aisle, I noticed some Klein tools.  Having little better to do, I checked them out.

I found a Klein wire cutter that also strips 20-30 AWG solid, and it also strips 22-32 AWG stranded.  All of the little stripper holes are labeled accordingly.  Having never seen a "for real" stripper for those gauge wires, I had to have one.  It cost $15.48, but what the heck, I thought this was too cool.

Ah, but now for the coop duh grass!  There was one, single, solitary and very lonely Klein punchdown tool on a card, hanging amongst the other tools, complete with 110 blade.  But nowhere was a price to be found...

I happened upon a friendly HD worker (who greeted me as though we were long lost buddies) and I asked if it were possible to get a price check.  "Sure, let's check it now" was the response I got.  That was followed by a WOW! after the bar code was scanned using the portable price gun.  "It's on clearance, and it only costs one cent, you'd better grab it now while you still can!"  Well, nobody had to tell me that twice.  It rang up at one cent ($0.01 US Dollar) and along with my new stripper, I waltzed out through the door as fast as I could after paying for them.

I am not sure if this was a screw-up in my local store, or if similar pricing is available in your local HD, but it may be worth your while to check it out!

Klein product #      VDV427-805-SEN
UPC #                    0  92644  58056  7

Good luck!

Ed

DavePEI

Quote from: Ed D on May 01, 2011, 09:54:58 PM

"It's on clearance, and it only costs one cent, you'd better grab it now while you still can!"  Well, nobody had to tell me that twice.  It rang up at one cent ($0.01 US Dollar) and along with my new stripper, I waltzed out through the door as fast as I could after paying for them.

I can just imagine him running out of the store taking a furtive glance over his shoulder, and shouting to his wife, "Start the car, Start the car"!, as he made his getaway  :)
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Quote from: DavePEI on May 01, 2011, 10:19:58 PM
I can just imagine him running out of the store taking a furtive glance over his shoulder, and shouting to his wife, "Start the car, Start the car"!, as he made his getaway  :)

No .... Dave, it was Home Depot, not IKEA!

Terry

gpo706

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"