News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Halloween 2013

Started by TelePlay, October 20, 2013, 03:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

As we rapidly approach another October 31st, I thought it would be appropriate to reprise this specific phone and its back story, along with the link to the original forum topic that included this phone and a whole lot more. Have a new story? Post it at the original link below for continuity  . . .

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4629.msg59189#msg59189

Once again, the "Possessed Orange 500," the phone and its back story in the attached "pdf" file.

AE40FAN

I cannot believe this seller spent that much time creating a ridiculous story with photos!!  I wonder how much this actually ended up selling for? 

HarrySmith

I do not think this seller created this story. This phone has been around for a while with the story attached. I remember seeing it when I first got into old phones, about 4 or 5 years ago. Pops up on eBay every now & then.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Contempra

So...Seriously,, is this story is true or false ?....

AE40FAN

Well, I don't think the phone in the above photo is the same phone as the feet are different....

HarrySmith

Quote from: AE40FAN on October 29, 2013, 05:52:25 PM
Well, I don't think the phone in the above photo is the same phone as the feet are different....
Agreed. There was a discussion once on the lists about it, apparently anyone who gets an Orange phone around Halloween lists it as this "Haunted" phone ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: AE40FAN on October 29, 2013, 05:52:25 PM

No, it's not the same phone. It's one that is similar and posted for effect bit it is not the 666 phone in the story. Just wanted to get the story out again because many enjoy reading it for the first time, and many times after . . . It's hard to find but I saved the PDF file a few years ago for just this time of the year.

I always wondered what the buyer of the phone, if there was a buyer and there was a phone, experienced once the phone arrived. If the story was just that, someone went through a lot of trouble to create the supporting pictures. Who knows ;) . . .  

WEBellSystemChristian

That is one of the worst written ghost stories. I never knew eBay allowed that long of a description! Especially that ad "written in 1951", when WESTERN ELECTRIC NEVER EVEN MADE COLORED 500S YET!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford