News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hey All- New here addicted to old phones

Started by c64man, October 28, 2013, 07:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c64man

Hey guys,  My Name is Steve,  and I just recently got into old telephones.    I have a mixture of phones in my collection,  ranging from princess, to the WE500s and 2500s in various colors.  A bright orange Stromberg Carlson Slenderette and a red WE500

My son is 8 and loves old phones,    I have a Panasonic 308 installed connecting them all up,  3 incoming lines,  1 is my CNET connection,  2 is my comcast landline and 3 is my google voice line. 

I live about 5 miles from the Montrose Historical Telephone museum,  and I always get my telephones up there,  Plus it helps the museum out.   They have a fully operational working step switch which is pretty neat to see in operation.   Heres a link to the museum.  great place to check out if you are in michigan http://www.montrosemuseum.com/

Anyways Hi All

LarryInMichigan

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum.  The membership here is a bit Michigan-heavy.  The owner of the forum lives here in the Detroit metro area.

Larry

HarrySmith

Obviously much too late for my usual warning about Phonitis, you are already deep in the progression.
Anyway....... Welcome ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Welcome, Steve!  I wasn't aware of the museum in Montrose.  As Larry mentioned, I am in the Metro Detroit area.  Perhaps an hours drive to that museum.  I'll have to take the time to stop by there.  Thanks for the link.

LarryInMichigan

I would love to see that museum, but I don't make it out that way often.  From my house to the Flint airport is 60 miles, and Montrose is a bit farther.

Larry

Doug Rose

Kidphone

c64man

Quote from: Dennis Markham on October 28, 2013, 08:03:36 PM
Welcome, Steve!  I wasn't aware of the museum in Montrose.  As Larry mentioned, I am in the Metro Detroit area.  Perhaps an hours drive to that museum.  I'll have to take the time to stop by there.  Thanks for the link.

The museum is a fun place to go,  I go there for anything I need phone related.. I tend to spend far too much money there but it helps the museum out. 

Let me know when you decide to go and ill meet ya up there

Old phones are definitely addicting,  I need to disable some of my ringers though,  because when someone calls the landline,  every freaking phone rings in the house,  and its loud enough to wake the dead. 

dsk