Matilo Telephones

Does anybody know where this is?

;D
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Haf

Underneath the elevated West Side Highway at 135th and 12th Avenue NYC.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

G-Man

•   http://gothamist.com/2013/06/17/photos_did_you_know_that_theres_a_p.php#photo-6

"We all know that payphones are going the way of the beeper; some are being replaced with touchscreen ones, some are being repurposed as art projects, but the vast majority are just disappearing little by little. If you're wondering what happens to some of these phones, look no further than upper Manhattan.
Photographer Dave Bledsoe found a veritable payphone graveyard underneath the elevated West Side Highway at 135th and 12th Avenue: "At least one hundred old, battered pay phones were locked behind a fence near the Park's Department building." Check out some photos of them above, and appreciate the fact he used his good camera for this one: "I almost took these on my iPhone, but my irony levels are dangerously low these days."

Matilo Telephones

Lol, I found them in an article about disappearing subscribers to landlines. There was no mention of the actual location, or payphones for that matter.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

HarrySmith

Is it my eyes ???

I don't see any payphones in those pictures ::)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

ESalter

Trust me, having personally seen an actual payphone graveyard, you don't want to see it.  It's so sad to see so much history in a big heap.

Contempra

WesternElectricBen

That is probably Eric's garage, with all his paystation enclosure equipment.. lol

Ben

HarrySmith

OK, I put on my other glasses and took another look. I found 1 phone, missing the handset in the first picture. Where's the other one ???
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Contempra

may be not complete but i see 2 phones..:D

ESalter

HA!  Sorry guys, but if I was offered what was in those photos, I'd probably scrap almost all of it.  They all look pretty nasty.  But now if each one of those was an Airlight booth...  It'd be Merry Christmas to me :)

---Eric

Phonesrfun

Quote from: HarrySmith on December 19, 2013, 08:37:57 PM
OK, I put on my other glasses and took another look. I found 1 phone, missing the handset in the first picture. Where's the other one ???

Finding Waldo......
-Bill G