News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anyone willing to host our ATAs on C*Net?

Started by timmerk, January 21, 2017, 09:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmerk

Hi all,

A buddy and I just bought WE 500s and Grandstream HT502 ATAs. Is there anyone that can host our ATAs for us? I read that we should use 999 office codes for these, since we won't be hosting a PBX ourselves. I've asked on the C*Net mailing list and sent an email to "webmaster@ckts.info" but haven't heard back. I thought maybe we would have better luck on these forums.

Thanks!

unbeldi

Quote from: timmerk on January 21, 2017, 09:12:13 PM
Hi all,

A buddy and I just bought WE 500s and Grandstream HT502 ATAs. Is there anyone that can host our ATAs for us? I read that we should use 999 office codes for these, since we won't be hosting a PBX ourselves. I've asked on the C*Net mailing list and sent an email to "webmaster@ckts.info" but haven't heard back. I thought maybe we would have better luck on these forums.

Thanks!

If someone agrees to host you, then you get the office code that the host provides. They allocate a number for you from their pool.  If you want 999 than you have to talk to the administrator of that prefix.

timmerk

I see Greg Blakely and Tammy Wisdom have reserved all the 999 office codes for hosting ATA. Any idea of how to get ahold of them? The member directory doesn't list email addresses.

unbeldi

Quote from: timmerk on January 21, 2017, 09:30:41 PM
I see Greg Blakely and Tammy Wisdom have reserved all the 999 office codes for hosting ATA. Any idea of how to get ahold of them? The member directory doesn't list email addresses.

Please read your messages.

Jack Ryan

Hello Karl,

I don't know how the 999 office code is administered, you will have to wait for a response from admin. That is a North American initiative; in the UK, 999 gets emergency services (not the official one).

Aside from that option, anyone else in North America (I assume that is where you are) can volunteer to host you. In that case, as Unbeldi said, you will get a number from that person's allocation, including their office code.

Regards
Jack

timmerk

Quote from: Jack Ryan on January 21, 2017, 09:36:50 PM
Hello Karl,

I don't know how the 999 office code is administered, you will have to wait for a response from admin. That is a North American initiative; in the UK, 999 gets emergency services (not the official one).

Aside from that option, anyone else in North America (I assume that is where you are) can volunteer to host you. In that case, as Unbeldi said, you will get a number from that person's allocation, including their office code.

Regards
Jack

Thanks for the reply. unbeldi sent me an email of one of the admins, so I will try to reach out to them.