News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Has Anyone Heard From Bill Cahill Lately?

Started by HobieSport, September 25, 2009, 02:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

Quote from: Dan/Panther on September 25, 2009, 10:57:19 PM
His dogs are doing fine. the new female is trying to take over which is normal for the gender.... ::)
I hope Bwanna isn't reading :o this.....;

D/P

i take no offense d/p. it is a well known fact that i am very bossy ::)

hi ellen, nice to "meet" you.

bill, you hangin in? :)
donna

Dan/Panther

Bwanna;
We guys need a push once in awhile.... :o
I actually miss it at times... ::)
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Ellen

The laws of physics are like the laws of math.  No-one made them, they just are.  So 2+2=4; and when you pressurize a gas it gets hotter.  When things spin (like pizza dough) they get wider and flatter.  When water goes down the drain, the water at the center of the swirl is moving faster than the water in the rest of the tub, which makes the spiral shape.  Apply this to outrageously huge gas clouds out there, somewhere, and you get a nebula creating stars.  Now, if I could just get this onto paper with footnotes and references, all while my Dad has a "silent" heart attack and falls over in my arms and goes to the hospital where he tells them the problem is the color of the sawdust in his head and so they "give" him a pacemaker ....  Man, life is interesting.   I want to go to the Dark Sky state park in Pennsylvania.  They say it is one of the darkest (at night!) places in the Northeast. Not too many hours drive away from me - maybe a plan?

Hi, Foots, Bwanna, Dan-Pan-Man, et al.

Ellen

Oops!  Make that 13.7 billion years.  The Earth is 4.6 billion years old, so the Universe had better be older than that.  A slip of the typist.

HobieSport

Ellen, did your father recently have a heart attack? I'm sorry, and I'm just asking.

My father passed away last year in Maryland. He was 89 and we loved each other very much. We used to speak a lot on the telephone in the final years. We even discussed the nature of the universe and all other manner of subjects.

-Matt

Ellen

Yup. he did, but as you can see above, his sense of humor is intact, and he will be fine soon.  Maybe we can squeeze a bunch more years out of him. He is also 89.  He has all his marbles; they have not turned to sawdust.

bingster

= DARRIN =

McHeath

Ellen, you're back!   :)

Sorry to hear about your father, hopefully he can recover and make it to the big 100 and have a cosmic level shindig.

My dad died when he was 65, lung cancer, and I still think about him at some point each day. 

foots

Sorry to hear about your dad, but glad to hear that he's alive and still kickin'. As far as the origin of galaxies, that's simple. Ford Motor Company created galaxies in 1959  ;D
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Ellen

Hobie,

"Above" I said my Dad has a shiny, new pacemaker, sense of humor is intact, and he still has some years in him.

You are a duck farmer?!  That is so cool!  What kind?  How many?  For meat or eggs or slug-control?  I keep a few chickens on my city lot, but they are on hiatus because of a raccoon.  I need to built a vermin-proof house and pen for them so I don't have to close them up at the crack of dusk, which I rarely do.

And I'm sorry about your cat.  

JorgeAmely

Ellen:

Who is the maker of the pacemaker your Dad has?
Jorge

HobieSport

Quote from: Ellen
Hobie,

You are a duck farmer?!  That is so cool!  What kind?  How many?  For meat or eggs or slug-control?  I keep a few chickens on my city lot, but they are on hiatus because of a raccoon.  I need to built a vermin-proof house and pen for them so I don't have to close them up at the crack of dusk, which I rarely do.

Ellen,

Be careful about asking me about ducks. I might never stop writing about them! ;D

Here is the dreaded duck thread (that I need to update, now that you mentioned it...

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1212.0

As long as your Dad is doing better, so I don't sound insensitive, I will be glad to discus ducks. I'll post my answers on the duck thread.
-Matt

Ellen

Jorge, I think the pacemaker is really a subcutaneous iPod.  No, really, he got it yesterday, I have not seen him, I don't know.  Why do you ask?  Is there something we should know?

Bill Cahill

:( Nice to know I'm so loved....  :(

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

LN;
Sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope for a speedy recovery.
They have had some recalls on pacemakers recently.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson