News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Thought about you lantern collectors today

Started by Pourme, September 06, 2017, 09:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

Visiting one of my regular collectible stores today I came across these. Both Dietz red glass and in good condition. One embossed with a company name. At $95 each I passed.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

TelePlay

Red lantern is a bit over priced at $95, even if restored that would be a stretch.

However, I spotted that painting right away. Wilson's in Ephraim, Wisconsin. A Door County landmark. Hasn't changed it facade since I first saw it in 1965. Strange what shows up in photos taken in antique malls.

Did you buy the black one?

Pourme

I walked out empty handed....Not knowing the prices.

I like the red glass ones but I don't need another hobby.

Actually I have a lantern my grandfather left me. I'll dig it out and post a picture. I don't believe it's anything special.
Benny

AL_as_needed

That was a rather steep price, I know mine was maybe 1/3 of that with shipping.[quote

Quote from: Pourme on September 06, 2017, 10:05:41 PM
Actually I have a lantern my grandfather left me. I'll dig it out and post a picture. I don't believe it's anything special.

...and this  is how the lantern bug spreads... ;D
TWinbrook7

Pourme

Most things in that shop are way overpriced, I feel like they are just waiting on fools to walk by, I never buy anything there without making a offer.
Benny

Quote from: Pourme on September 06, 2017, 10:05:41 PM
I walked out empty handed....Not knowing the prices.

I like the red glass ones but I don't need another hobby.

Benny,

Actually it is quite special, it was your grandfathers. :)

Pourme

Benny