News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FedTro Inc. Extend-A-Phone Phone plugs, jacks, and cords

Started by allnumbedup, August 03, 2021, 06:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allnumbedup

I found this trove of Fedtro phone plugs, jacks and cords at a local flea market.  Got them for one price.   FedTro was a US based company of Long Island NY that marketed Japanese produced electronic products of all kinds most with very gadget-y appeal.  They used the same type of packaging on all their stuff and employed Mickey Mantle's likeness to sell some.  These particular items are all white---not the typical 'ivory plastic' and are patented 1968.  The plugs have a neat flying electron logo on them. I think it is interesting that a WE 302 is used as their example phone on the back of the card in 1968. The lot includes two packages of light bulb resistors based on space aged science.  They are in amazing NOS shape, probably never selling and still having some of there 0.99 sales tags. 
Analog Phones for a Digital World

Jim Stettler

I consider your trove as an item under FOTM guidelines.
You should submit it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw similar items when I was young. A surplus store had 4prong jacks and plugs and extension wire ect.
I read all the directions and I tried to convince my parents , but I got a no.

Fast forward a few years and I hooked up an illegal extension in a very handy location .

My parents were happy.
I hooked up another in the family room unasked
and then I was able to hook up one in my room . which was my overall goal.
I used 4 pin jacks back then. mainly so they could be removed from service if Bell showed up.
No ringers on the outlaw sets  were connected.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.