News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

Technical "Stuff" / Re: Interfacing Reel To Reel T...
Last post by markosjal - Yesterday at 10:41:45 PM
I am not sure what this is I see them selling on ebay but if it is useful

this is what I have

ATT (also sold as Lucent) 105A coupler New in package (disintegrated rubber band in Package)

Has Tape in on one end and a Phone line connector on other end

This looks like the same manual folded up inside the plastic

https://comtalkinc.com/library/Avaya-ATT-Partner-ACS-Music-On-Hold-Coupler-105A.pdf

Also look  for a book called "Telephone Accessories You Can Build" I had it a long time ago and later had a PDF. I am pretty sure there is something like that in there.

Here is that book in PDF
http://vtda.org/books/Telephony/TelephoneAccessoriesYouCanBuild_JulesHGilder.pdf
This should get added to a library here somewhere in case the link goes dead

There is a thread about this book here
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17202.msg259813#msg259813
Dial Repair & Lubrication / Re: Western Electric 4H dial c...
Last post by Jf510 - Yesterday at 08:09:48 PM
Hi..yes we sure did talk about the popping of the 534s. It does have that capacitor that you had suggested. I disconnected the ringer and it popped then I switched to a 634 and it still popped then I used another 4H dial and nice and quiet. I had bought 2 WE 102's with 4H dials and two extra 4H dials. Two of the dials work great and two pops. I took the 102s apart to clean and not sure what 4H came with the phone anyway I would hate to not be able to use the two that pop in the future. I will take a better look at the sequence. Thanks.
Last post by poplar1 - Yesterday at 07:16:28 PM
The location of the W terminal does not change the sequence. The two contact springs closest to the terminal strip (Y-BK-BB-W) are for the receiver. You can visually see that they open before the two springs above those make.

However, I wonder which subset you are using. We had a recent discussion about problems with "popping" in the receiver when a sidetone subset such as 534A is used. The problem was resolved by adding a second capacitor in the subset.
Last post by Jf510 - Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM
Thank you for that
Last post by TelePlay - Yesterday at 06:40:01 PM
Using a DVM and slowly letting a dial return to rest should be able to tell you if the mute leaves are opening too soon, are not the last to open. And it could be used to compare a working dial to a popping dial.

If not that, then it could be in the wiring and that would be a more difficult thing to track down.

Then it could be something else, difference in dial pile ups and connections (the W issue).

There are long time (and collecting forever) expert members on the site who should be able to help you with this, being a holiday weekend, they may not log on until early next week.
Auction Talk / Re: eBay's Trying to Fix What ...
Last post by TelePlay - Yesterday at 06:13:47 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on Yesterday at 04:50:31 PMI stopped selling on eBay five years ago when Paypal sent 1099s to MA and two other states, including the Feds.

All sites:

=====
If you're a US seller, and reach more than $600 USD in gross sales in 2022, Etsy will provide you with a 1099-K form you can use when filing your 2022 taxes.

Receiving a 1099-K form doesn't necessarily mean you'll owe taxes on your Etsy sales. The 1099-K form we issue doesn't calculate your profit or indicate any tax liabilities you may haveā€”it simply gives the total gross sales processed by Etsy Payments in 2022.

=====

As part of changes to U.S. law, beginning in January 2022, Poshmark is required to provide any seller with $600 or more in gross sales on our platform during the 2022 calendar year with a Form 1099-K.

=====

Starting January 1, 2022, we'll ask you for your tax information, such as your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), if you haven't provided it to us already. This helps us meet our obligations to the IRS and ensures that you'll be able to continue using your account and access features to accept payments for sales on Marketplace.

The following summarizes the tax information we'll ask from you:

Last 4 digits of your SSN or full ITIN
Full 9 digits of your SSN or ITIN once your sales with checkout on Marketplace reach $499
We need to collect your tax information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. This information will be verified by our payment processor, PayPal. Your tax information won't be visible or shared on Facebook.

=====

. . . you're probably in one of two groups: you sell used goods on sites like eBay and Craigslist every once in a while for extra spending cash OR you sell self-made goods every day as a side job to boost your income.

In both cases, a portion of the money you earn needs to be declared for income tax, especially if you're in the latter group---but even one-off sales may count. Not reporting sales could lead to an IRS audit for tax fraud.
Last post by Jf510 - Yesterday at 05:16:46 PM
Thanks for the info but I would rather get some instructions and learn to fix myself.
Auction Talk / Re: eBay's Trying to Fix What ...
Last post by Doug Rose - Yesterday at 04:50:31 PM
Quote from: RDPipes on Yesterday at 03:50:51 PMIf Uncle Sam wants to come after me he knows where I'm at.
Careful.

I stopped selling on eBay five years ago when Paypal sent 1099s to MA and two other states, including the Feds. You certainly don't want to mess with Uncle Sam....Doug
Last post by Doug Rose - Yesterday at 04:45:52 PM
My advice is send them to Steve Hilsz $6 per dial plus shipping....Doug

Steve's email jydsk@tds.net