News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Crossover Piece. Telephone Advertizing - Zippo Lighter

Started by ....., February 26, 2020, 03:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I received this 1950 Zippo lighter today. Eastern Telephone And Telegraph Co. Sydney, Nova Scotia. Trans-Atlantic Telephone Cables.

AT2796

As someone who is stupid enough to still smoke...
That is way cool! Great find!
Andy

RB

Quote from: RB on February 27, 2020, 08:25:08 AM
Nice!
I like your min switchboard also.

It's a 1982 porcelain liquor bottle. The crown of the switchboard is a cork top.

CanadianGuy

david@london

Perhaps not quite as snazzy as Duffy's Nova Scotia lighter, but saw this Zippo today on Ebay......Link

19and41

Good bits of advertising.  A man wouldn't be dressed in those days without a pack of smokes and a lighter.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Came across another Telephone Company Zippo Lighter. This one is a 1972 Northern Telephone Limited. Fits right in.

Added another Telephone themed Zippo lighter to my collection.
Telephone Pioneers logo on this Zippo lighter. 

19and41

The Zippo was my trusty companion during my youth.  It seemed sort of sad not having a use for such a reliable product after I quit smoking.  One little tip, don't leave a flint in one.  They don't age well at all, kind of like piezoelectric crystals.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Quote from: 19and41 on October 26, 2020, 05:56:52 PM
The Zippo was my trusty companion during my youth.  It seemed sort of sad not having a use for such a reliable product after I quit smoking.  One little tip, don't leave a flint in one.  They don't age well at all, kind of like piezoelectric crystals.

Thanks for the tip, I'll remove all flints in all of the lighters.