News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Brimfield is BACK

Started by Doug Rose, July 16, 2021, 08:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

Amazing Doug. I sure wish we had something like Brimfield out here in northern California.
Gary

Doug Rose

thanks folks, it was a long day but worth it. A lot or walking and about 8 hours on your feet.

My puppies are still barking  ::)
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Today is Opening Day for the July week at Brimfield.  ;D

Bad news is my left hip will need replacement and May did a number on me, so I am benched  :'( Just too much walking and when I am there, I can't (won't) stop.

Think Walter Brennan on The Real McCoy's for folks of my generation.

Sux being on the sidelines....Doug

Kidphone

Doug Rose

Janet and I went to Brimfield today. Hip is very sore, but it was a Banner Day!!

I hobbled through it. Hip need to be replaced BUT

I finally got #2 on my want list, a Dean Cosmos see last pic. Looks to be in great shape!!

I need a shower and a Beer!! In that order....Doug
Kidphone

Jon Kolger

Looks like you had a very successful day.  What is the deal with that Japanese phone, second from right in the front row?  Are those buttons where the dial would be, or what...?  Never seen that before.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Jon Kolger on July 15, 2022, 03:02:56 PMLooks like you had a very successful day.  What is the deal with that Japanese phone, second from right in the front row?  Are those buttons where the dial would be, or what...?  Never seen that before.
neither have I Jon, for $5 I will play with it....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Jon....this is the inside...no clue. Good cords, handset get DT through the phone. Button either connected of disconnected something. Above my pay grade. Bakelite shell will make a nice dummy phone....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

inside pics and how it looks with a new dial.

Cords are great for future. Bakelite just shines....Doug
Kidphone

Jon Kolger

Looks great, Doug.  I really like those Japanese phones, especially the little nameplates on the front.

Doug Rose

thanks Jon....I just need some parts to make it work, it is just a display now...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Today is the last day of September Brimfield. With the Heavy Rain and our work schedule we did not plan to go.

Janet got up at 3:45 and went. I am sidelined with my hip.

Modern way of going to Brimfield, I sit on the computer and Janet sends me pics from her cell.

We have never been on a Saturday as it is the last day.

I will post what she finds!...Doug

Kidphone

Doug Rose

she done good! Real good!!

10 51 500 set

More tomorrow...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Kidphone

oldguy

Great day for the Rose family!
Gary