"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pay Station Booth/Enclosure Fasteners

Started by Pourme, December 13, 2021, 08:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

~

I was recently given a pedestal & a non pedestal, pay phone enclosure. As I inspect closer, looking to dis assemble I notice these fasteners. I'm sure many of you are familiar with these, this is my first encounter with them. Both enclosures have the same fasteners.

I made a good effort searching for information here, on this question to no avail. Forgive me if I missed coverage of this.

It appears to be a common hex wrench is needed with a hole in the middle. I was able to remove a couple of them and will be in Lowe's this morning to see if they have a bit for this.

If not I will be looking to the forum for help with this.

Maybe others will have more fastener questions or comments on this thread.

Thanks!

~
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

It is a common tamper proof screw. I am not sure about Lowes but the tools are easily available.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

kleenax

Quote from: Pourme on December 13, 2021, 08:43:56 AM
~

I was recently given a pedestal & a non pedestal, pay phone enclosure. As I inspect closer, looking to dis assemble I notice these fasteners. I'm sure many of you are familiar with these, this is my first encounter with them. Both enclosures have the same fasteners.

I made a good effort searching for information here, on this question to no avail. Forgive me if I missed coverage of this.

It appears to be a common hex wrench is needed with a hole in the middle. I was able to remove a couple of them and will be in Lowe's this morning to see if they have a bit for this.

If not I will be looking to the forum for help with this.

Maybe others will have more fastener questions or comments on this thread.

Thanks!

~
And I thought everybody has a set of these bits laying around! 
Seriously though, they are quite a bargain at Harbor Freight, and invaluable when you really NEED one!

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=security%20bit%20set
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Pourme

~

I thought I did, I do now. PP25 is the number.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service