News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

CRPF Member Photo's - Wanna see something really Scarey!

Started by Dan/Panther, March 21, 2009, 11:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

D/P, is there anything you haven't done!  You're such an interesting guy!  Geez!
- Tom

Dan/Panther

I have been very fortunate in my life to have done many interesting things.
What really happens is I get into things and go hole hog, and cram as much information about the topic at hand, and try to go where it happened.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm blowing smoke. I do not like to brag, and hope that is not what it appears.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

BTW, I forgot to mention that this weekend the Titanic Historical society, is having it's 45th anniversary convention aboard the RMS Queen Mary, In Long Beach California. I feel very fortunate to live within driving distance to go and partake of the very interesting people that usually speak at the event. My Father and I went to the 25th Anniverasry convention in Boston in 1989, Ironically 6 months before my Dad passed away. A fond memory I will always cherish.
D/P

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan/Panther
...this weekend the Titanic Historical society, is having it's 45th anniversary convention aboard the RMS Queen Mary, In Long Beach California. I feel very fortunate to live within driving distance to go and partake of the very interesting people that usually speak at the event.

We will of course be expecting pictures of that venerable ship!

I regret not going on a three hour jaunt on the liberty ship, SS Jeremiah O'Brien a couple of years ago to see the Q.M. II come into SF Bay on her maiden voyage.

Dan/Panther

Somewhere I have several Black and White photos I took in 1967, while they were refurbishing the Queen.
It's been years since I've seen them.
One of my hero's is Muhammad Ali, I had the privelege to meet him about 15 years ago. I even got him to smile...
D/P

Dan/Panther

In 1968 I was a campaign associate for Robert Kennedy in Orange County California, He gave a speech at the Yearly Strawberry Festival, and I got to meet and shake his hand on June 2, 1968, 3 days later he was assassinated.
He was leaving the High School Football stadium, standing up in the Back of a convertible, being held around the waste by Roosevelt Greer, and Rafer Johnson. I was amazed that his hand was VERY calloused, and felt very hard and had a very firm handshake. Getting to look Eye to eye with him was a very special treat for me.
I still have the box of different flyers, and pins and bumper sticker in my storage.
I put the stuff away, taped the box shut, and told my then wife, "The last hope for this country just died". I still feel that way to this day. When Robert kennedy died, the last real peoples candidate died with him. This country has never been the same since.
D/P

AET

A three hour tour I think you mean Hobie....a three hour tour LOL. 

D/P you are a fascinating individual.  And I think we all enjoy all the stories.  I hope that as I go on in my life I get to do such interesting things.  A Bobby Kennedy fan, eh?  That's cool you got to shake his hand.  I'm a Reagan man myself, but unfortunately will never get to shake the man's hand.  These days I'm a Mike Huckabee man. 

Heck, in my eyes, you're just lucky because you were around in 1968.  I wish I woulda been!
- Tom

Dennis Markham

Dan, that's a great memory.  You're a lucky guy.  I was 13 in 1968 and remember Bobby Kennedy's assassination very well.   I always like him and was heart broken when that happened.  I still have a couple of periodicals that I saved following the assassination.  He was certain to win the Democratic nomination if not the election that year.  "It's on to Chicago---and let's win there..............."

Dan/Panther

I will have to admit, when I hear his speech the night Martin Luther king was assassinated, or the speech at the Ambassador Hotel, even 41 years later, I can't watch without crying...

Tom;
I also am a Reagan man, back in '68" Kennedy was more a Reagan type then what people commonly refer to as Democratic liberal today, it almost seems that they've switched sides of the isle.
The reason I feel we will never see the likes a of a Robert Kennedy again, is because they fear what might happen to them. I think that is why many shoo-ins, don't run.
D/P

AET

See, I learned something new today D/P.  I always thought he was a crooked leftist liberal, much like my pa always says his brother was.  But then again, I grew up in a staunch conservative household.  Not nearly a day goes by where the greatness of Ronald Wilson Reagan is not discussed here haha.
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
Exactly, ands that is why I think the man died...

Tom;
You are right, they're all crooks...

Besides Reagan, the three Presidents I admire the most are, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and  Truman, or like my dad used to say; "Old Hairy Ass truman".

D/P

AET

Teddy Roosevelt is also very fascinating.  Kinda another one of the John Wayne's of presidents.  In fact he was kinda like John Wayne toilet paper, rough and tough and don't take crap from nobody! 
- Tom

bingster

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on April 04, 2009, 01:02:33 AM
Teddy Roosevelt is also very fascinating.  Kinda another one of the John Wayne's of presidents.  In fact he was kinda like John Wayne toilet paper, rough and tough and don't take crap from nobody! 

But with a high-pitched, girly voice.
= DARRIN =

AET

- Tom

McHeath

Gee we have wandered into politics,  :o, one of those two great subjects that will make a family Thanksgiving meal a battlefield.