News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 61 - AE 40 in Red

Started by Dan, December 26, 2010, 10:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Looks like the real deal, and it wouldn't be too hard to get the cords. Auction contest possibility?

S C O R E B O A R D

$350.00 - bingster
$427.00 - AtomicEraTom
$444.00 - Craig T (Winner!)
Sold for $449.00
$500.01 - HarrySmith
$566.00 - NorthernMan
$574.50 - Tom B
$612.16 - Russkirk
$667.88 - Dennis Markham
$705.66 - Dewdrop
$755.89 - Kennyc1955
$775.75 - Dan
$810.00 - Tribune
$862.97 - Bill Cahill
$888.88 - ae_collector
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan

I'll start the guessing at 775.75 :)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Tom B

Tom

bingster

And the official auction contest it is!  I'm in for $350.  Shame about the fading.
= DARRIN =

Craig T

AET

- Tom

Dennis Markham

I think it will do well despite the fading.  There just aren't that many out there, but still not as high as it would be if in better shape.  With that bit of wisdom, I'll say $667.88

AE_Collector

I was just reading Briny's thread on the "Poison Green Phone"

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4005.0

and so I would like to point out that I seem to be "Poison" to these contests but never the less, I'll try again.

I already know where in California this should go for restoration unless Jorge got his wish and there was one under the tree yesterday morning. I hope it goes for less than $888.88

By the way, the seller is a long time collector/club member whom I haven't heard anything from in a long time.

Terry

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Dennis Markham on December 26, 2010, 02:01:36 PM
I think it will do well despite the fading.  There just aren't that many out there, but still not as high as it would be if in better shape.  With that bit of wisdom, I'll say $667.88

Fading??? What fading? Nothing that some TLC can't remove.
Jorge

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

HarrySmith

I agree, pretty badly faded and no cords. Seller states pictures look better than actual phone!!
$500.01
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dewdrop

Debbie

Bill Cahill

Wow, 6 days to go, and, wow!

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Kenny, did you get out early for good behavior?