News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pure insanity on this listing

Started by TelePlay, April 15, 2017, 04:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Sometimes wonder what goes through a seller's head when pricing something for eBay.

Not a phone but this is pure insanity, for the reserve placed on a piece of junk. Started low at $9.99 but why the reserve. About to end and the reserve is not met, and won't be. I can't image what the reserve is and if low, why not just start the auction there? Why pay for a reserve?

And, the seller has another lantern for sale ending about the same time that started at $9.99, is up to $10.99 and the reserve on that one is not met either.

Dan/Panther

That's why Darwin took his voyage.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

nolan613

Another fine example that proves P. T. Barnum was a genius...
Success is not final,
failure is not fatal:
it is the courage to continue that counts

Winston Churchill

AL_as_needed

Quote from: nolan613 on April 16, 2017, 12:04:33 AM
Another fine example that proves P. T. Barnum was a genius...

Ditto, especially applied to those who actually pay such prices for items like this.
TWinbrook7

JimHyak

I don't collect lanterns, so I would have no idea if this is a piece of junk, even with all the rust. Maybe the glass itself is worth more to a collector.

If you didn't collect phones, why would you think anybody would pay $15 for a WE Model 500 dated 3-49 with some rust on the bottom when you could get a nice modular cord version in much better condition for a couple of dollars more?

Reserves can often be mystifying though. Maybe that's why we see items re-listed with modified reserves. My preference is to see the "reserve" up front via the starting bid. I hate winning a bid but losing to the reserve.
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!