News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WECo B Mount to AE Dial Diagram Wanted

Started by MMikeJBenN27, March 26, 2018, 12:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMikeJBenN27

Does anybody have a good wiring Diagram for a Western Electric B mount 102 desk set with an Automatic Electric #24 dial assembly?

dsk

May this help?

dsk

AE_Collector

Other factors likely include the exact AE Dial you have as there are many options in the contact spring arrangements for various types of phones. AE promoted "Going Dial" to phone companies to sell AE SxS CO equipment and they would supply AE dials as well to be installed in the customers existing telephone sets as much as possible. Thus, many different arrangements of contacts were available. The AE Type 24 Dial in the diagram just posted is not the run of the mill AE Type 24 that one would come up with unless it were already in the B Mount and wasn't just stuck in the B Mount by someone to fill the hole.

Then there is the question of the subset that will be used with the phone.

Terry

dsk

I did not know about other versions of the AE type 24 dial, but this one is the original one used in my phone.
The more common AE dials I have seen (newer) dos not disconnect the receiver, but does short it out when the dial is out of rest position.  ref: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/browse/wiring-diagrams-technical-library/automatic-electric-1/4545-comparison-of-ae-24-24a36-51-type-and-kellogg-10d-type-dial-connections/file

Then we could end up with something like this.

I have tested some different configurations of D.I.Y. subsets, and it works great with all versions i can figure out connected with 4 conductors. 

dsk

Ktownphoneco

Not counting SATT dials, A.E. had somewhere around 6 spring sets in use depending on the dates in question.    The spring set on the original drawing you posted DSK, is the correct one for the application requested.    The catalog number is D730339-A, which is the AK29 set, with 2 pulse, and 4 shunt springs.   Northern Electric also made that particular dial available for their combined Uniphone Sets, and I believe the dial number was 24P.   It was also used on Northern desk sets that relied on a subset such as the 684 anti side tone subscriber set.

Jeff Lamb

dsk

Thank you for that feedback  :) 
I learn some more details every day, and found an descriptions here from page 27:  http://manualzz.com/doc/40144384/automatic-electric-catalog-4055

the spring sets available for the no 24 dial was as pictured.  (turned 180 deg in hence to the diagram)

dsk

Ktownphoneco

Your welcome Arwin.     Mike ....    Here's a schematic that should provide the information your looking for as long as the A.E. type 24 dial you plan on using has the correct shunt spring configuration.
The set is shown wired to an anti side tone 684 subscriber set.      The type 24 dial is shown near the bottom left of the diagram.   

The diagram is posted below, in both "jpeg" and "pdf".     Double click the "jpeg" image to enlarge.       Have a great day.

Jeff Lamb