News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help Wiring a WE 410

Started by Doug Rose, May 04, 2013, 10:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found a really great WE 410 two line phone. Both cords are beyond repair. Where should I but dial tone and what to I bride to ring. The cloth cord has two red wires and two green wires. If anyone has a working 410 with a modular line cord, I would appreciate a snapshot of the inside....many thanks....Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

Line 1 is 1 and 2 and Line 2 is 3 and 4. If you want it wired for 2 lines, connect red and green to 1 and 2 and move the yellow and black from 1 and 2  to 3 and 4.

If you want it to be wired as a single line set, bypassing the key, you can just connect the line to L1 and L2 on the terminal strip. As with all 302s, connect the red ringer wire to L1, the black ringer wire to K, the slate condenser wire to K, and the yellow condenser wire to L2.

You can also hook the line to L1 and L2 and the red ringer wire to 3 and the yellow condenser wire to 4. (The black ringer wire and slate condenser wire on K). Then you will have dial tone regardless of which way the key is turned, and the key can be used to turn the ringer on and off like a 305 set.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

Quote from: poplar1 on May 04, 2013, 12:58:54 PM
Line 1 is 1 and 2 and Line 2 is 3 and 4. If you want it wired for 2 lines, connect red and green to 1 and 2 and move the yellow and black from 1 and 2  to 3 and 4.

If you want it to be wired as a single line set, bypassing the key, you can just connect the line to L1 and L2 on the terminal strip. As with all 302s, connect the red ringer wire to L1, the black ringer wire to K, the slate condenser wire to K, and the yellow condenser wire to L2.

You can also hook the line to L1 and L2 and the red ringer wire to 3 and the yellow condenser wire to 4. (The black ringer wire and slate condenser wire on K). Then you will have dial tone regardless of which way the key is turned, and the key can be used to turn the ringer on and off like a 305 set.

thanks Dave...I will give it a try....out of the basement and outside for yard work!!.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Hey Dave ....conversation is loud and clear...dials out. Still NO ring. I tried to wire it as a 305, option three that you gave me. Any ideas?

yellow on ground and ?? on L2.....I appreciate it....Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

I am looking at one that was wired this way when I got it:

Incoming line to L1 and L2Y on terminal strip over the capacitor.
Red ringer wire to L1 on induction coil
Black ringer wire and slate condenser wire to K
Yellow condenser wire to L2Y on the induction coil
Yellow from turn key to GND
Red/slate condenser wire to 1

I think this bypasses the turn key altogether.

poplar1

In your photo, it looks like the red-slate capacitor wire is on K; it should be on 1. (This is just an extra lead to prevent cross-talk when you have 2 lines.)

In your photo, there is an extra wire on L2Y of the terminal strip. Is that the slate condenser wire that should be on K instead of the red-slate one you have there now?

Doug Rose

BINGO!!!!! That did it. Moved the red slate of off L2 and brought it to G ( with other RS that was there. Then back to left no ring. Conversation and dialing work on both settings. I have a working 305!!!

David....you re the man....many thanks.....Doug
Kidphone

Dan

Congrats to you. I have one in my two line office. It rings on line two. It is so loud the girls have silenced the chirpers off their line twos and just let mine RINGGGGGGGG. At first it was a message to me, but I get so many compliments about the sound that a lot of old timers love to look at the phone.

Mine is red on 1, green two , yellow three, and black four.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright