News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Birthday Mr. Bones!

Started by AE_Collector, February 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

I just noticed that it is Terrence "Mr. Bones" 52nd Birthday today! Terrence lives in Kansas and has been hanging around CRPF since November 20, 2012.

I am sure I am not alone in noticing every time that he posts he could not be friendlier or more courteous in his dealings with others. Of course CRPF is "known" for that but even here, Terrence rises to the very top.

Everyone here on CRPF hopes that you have a wonderful birthday Terrence!

Terry

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

WesternElectricBen

Happy birthday, Terrence! Many wishes!

Ben

tallguy58

Hope you get a cake (with no candles) for your birthday.

Too much heat at our age. ;D ;D
Cheers........Bill

dsk

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Mr. Bones

:-[ (blush)

Aw, shucks....

It has been my great pleasure to be a part of this forum, each and every day since I joined. I have never, not ever been involved with any group, especially online, that manages to propagate the level of knowledge, sharing and enlightenment that the CRPF does. I have been computing since before cradle modems for a G handset, and well before 300-baud modems became the hot thing, as well. :o

The icing on the cake, and what has kept me involved, and coming back, is the largely self-maintained level of decorum, civility, helpfulness, patience, and downright generosity, as well as the wonderful friendships I have developed with you kind folks, scattered all over this 'Big Blue Marble'.

I painfully miss getting to travel all over the world, but this helps me to do so vicariously.

The important thing to bear in mind is that without you, the Members, I would not still be here.

It was most kind of you to remember me in your thoughts, kind words, and best wishes today. As of 0622 CST 21FEB14, I successfully completed my 52nd oxygen-breathing orbit around our Sun. It's been a long journey, and I couldn't have done it all alone, without good ground support, like all here. (Plus the red handle to 'blow the *@$^!# hatch' broke about 50 laps ago!!!!) ;D

I just wanted to tell you all that I value, respect, and appreciate each and every one of you greatly!

When I get home, or hit the wireless during break or lunch during the workday (especially!), and there's no new enlightenment posted here, it's just like missing a much-needed meal (btdt x 52annum ;))

Hell, to be truthful, I noted my impending birthday in the last year, the last several months, last week... wasn't until I was already up this AM, ablutions performed, coffee made, vehicle warmed commensurately to the WX, chores tended to, made the transit to the 4-letter w-place, clocked in, logged in, and dl'ing my service tickets for the day, that I remembered that it was my own birthday lol! ;D

Thanks for all of the kindnesses, kind words, and remembering my own birthday better than I did my darn self lol! ;)

I've probably wasted more than enough server space and bandwidth , for now, but perhaps Dennis will forgive the cap, this one time!!! ;D

Sometimes I bang out a quick query, or reply, due to time constraints, fatigue, etc., that might seem, to those who don't know my ways, brief or curt. I assure you that it is never intended to be so.

I do hereby proclaim in all sincerity and earnestness: "My very best regards to all of you, and yours!!" Most often shortened, on a daily basis by me to "Best regards!"

You guys made me all misty-eyed, now; guess I might have to go make a birthday treat of a a couple fingers of Maker's Mark, and a few rocks, to toast you, on this, the Universe's quite-possibly, least-auspicious of occasions: my 52nd b-day. (Besides, the bottle needs the dust knocked off of it, just good housekeeping.) ;)

Sheesh, tough crowd, this planet! John Glenn got International fame, everlasting glory for orbiting the BBM the very day before I was born lol! (well-deserved, btw, imho!!!) Strap a rocket on somebody's arse, and point it skyward, and the crowd of volunteers thins instantly! ;D (candy-arses!, shoulda had my last job!)

Going back, now, to perusing the forum...

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM
I am sure I am not alone in noticing every time that he posts he could not be friendlier or more courteous in his dealings with others.

See, what did I tell you...

Terry

Mr. Bones

Quote from: tallguy58 on February 21, 2014, 05:02:51 PM
Hope you get a cake (with no candles) for your birthday.

Too much heat at our age. ;D ;D
Tallguy, many thanks!

Belatedly, but by the way:

You made me nearly blow perfectly good Guinness Extra Stout out of my nostrils! I kept the heat limited to homemade jalapeño cornbread... we gotta watch them 'hot-flashes', though usually we're the victim, and not the perpetrator... opinions may vary widely in your household, and recent science (mrbones unfunded studies since 1962) would tend to indicate:

Physics ain't my fault. Nor are Gyno-Americans.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_%28honor%29
I only speak a handful of languages, so to avoid excluding any of my friends abroad:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_%28honor%29#Worldwide

2 fingers of Maker's Mark, 6 rather anemic rocks, in my favorite Glenlivet tumbler, along with my newly acquired 44x.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

That looks like a very nice phone, I wish I had a multiline 302!

Ben

WesternElectricBen

Terrence,

I hope you have a great birthday this year. I know we all appreciate your kind posts and birthday wishes.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Yeah, this is payback for all of the birthday wishes you have given each and every one of us!

:) ;) :D ;D HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BONES!!!  ;D :D ;) :)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Mr. Bones

Thank you, Young Masters, for thinking of me today.

Having such good friends is the best present a person could ever hope to receive! 8)

Best regards!

Bones
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus