News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 533 Apartment Phone

Started by HarrySmith, April 08, 2018, 09:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I have been wanting to add a WE 533 or 535 to my collection. I have been offered a 533 Apartment Phone. All original nice looking phone. 2AA dial, original cord. Picture atached. What is the consensus on value of this piece? All opinons welcomed.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Gary Millam

Harry:
I paid $150.00 plus shipping for my apartment phone (several years ago). Mine has a 4H dial, so with a 2AA dial yours should be worth more. One feature mine has
is a toggle switch in the lower center of the small wooden box to switch from "Central Office" to "House System".

Gary Millam

Butch Harlow

It looks to be in great shape. Nice paint, cords, receiver looks to have been polished. It has a 2aa with a nice rural dial plate and the instructions look ok too. I would try to stay under 200 after shipping personally.
Butch Harlow

Haf

Harry, very nice phone. Do you know how many buttons are at the side (Janitor, Manager Door latch)? I still have to get one myself :) Consider the value of an all original complete and good paint between $100-$150 depending if you have a lucky or everything goes crazy day on ebay.

As I don't see it clearly here you have the lower instruction card.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

HarrySmith

It has 2 buttons and a nice original instruction card. A few more pictures attached.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

OK, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I got it for $175.00. plus $20.00 shipping. I think it was a good deal considering the condition. I will post more pictures once I receive it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

I got the phone last night. It looks even better in person! Absolutely beautiful! I will get some good pictures over the weekend and add them here.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

I think you did good, a nice looking set!
KEN