News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hideous Telephones

Started by Stephen Furley, August 04, 2009, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Can you imagine how dirty that must get after a couple year's use?  It wouldn't be out of place in a bawdyhouse.
= DARRIN =

LarryInMichigan

bingster,

I'd rather not try to imagine.  Someone here could start a whole new thread on cleaning techniques.  Anyway, I'd be afraid that it might bite me if I pushed any of its buttons.  Surprisingly ;), nobody has bid on it yet.  I wonder what kind of lamp it would make  :D.

Dennis Markham

Flavored tobacco....heard that one before. :)

McHeath

I bet you have back in your copper days.  :)

bwanna

surprisingly the fur phone did not sell. maybe cuz it was only listed as awesome, not vintage or art deco ::)
donna

Phonesrfun

Quote from: bwanna on October 16, 2009, 06:18:23 AM
maybe cuz it was only listed as awesome, not vintage or art deco ::)

Awesome?  More like "shock and awe" to borrow a phrase, and not to be political.
-Bill G

LarryInMichigan

The "awesome" fur phone is about to be sold! 

McHeath

Looks like no takers again.  Gee, why ever not???? ;)

dsk

My flea market find a few years ago, the right one of these.
The leather telephone. Not as warm and comfortable for whats inside, as fur :)
Still for about $ 5-6.  Some fun.  It is really professional made, and has to be handmade.

dsk

bingster

I really like that leather phone, actually. The shape of the two phones reminds me of a phone Northern Electric once made.  I think it was called ;) the "Contempra," but I'm too lazy to go look it up.
= DARRIN =

Greg G.

Quote from: bingster on October 22, 2009, 03:34:50 AM
I really like that leather phone, actually. The shape of the two phones reminds me of a phone Northern Electric once made.  I think it was called ;) the "Contempra," but I'm too lazy to go look it up.

I kinda like it too.  Now THIS is HIDEOUS!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36153366@N00/502534641 ( dead link 02-20-21 )
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

And then there's the mannequin phone:

http://www.textually.org/textually/archives/2005/08/009624.htm ( dead link 02-20-21 )
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

McHeath

I actually like the zebra phone, it's silly but well done and kinda cool to me.  That phone in the dummy is a little weird, but I'm guessing that eventually they will be installing the things in our heads so that we have access all the time, so we may all end up looking like that.   :o

bwanna

leather phone, cool 8)

zebra phone, creepy :(

mannequin phone, that's just wrong :o
donna

Greg G.

Quote from: bwanna on October 22, 2009, 08:24:22 PM

mannequin phone, that's just wrong :o

Be glad it wasn't the inflatable kind of mannequin...  :o
- Mike Row
e