News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"Show new replies" shows old stuff.

Started by Greg G., October 13, 2013, 02:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I always click on "Show new replies", but today it brought it 2 pages of replies to my posts that do NOT have anything new.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

DavePEI

Quote from: Brinybay on October 13, 2013, 02:56:34 AM
I always click on "Show new replies", but today it brought it 2 pages of replies to my posts that do NOT have anything new.
Hi Briny:

Probably due to major revisions being done on the Classified areas! Sorry!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

TelePlay

Quote from: DavePEI on October 13, 2013, 04:51:36 AM
Hi Briny:

Dave

Dave, I noticed that too. I went to a different computer late last night, one I hadn't used in a long time, and first thought the cookies on that machine were way old causing the old posts to show up but then realized your hard of work cleaning up all the classifieds might have caused that. A minor inconvenience for all the work you've done in that area. Thank you!

DavePEI

Quote from: TelePlay on October 13, 2013, 07:23:01 AM
Quote from: DavePEI on October 13, 2013, 04:51:36 AM
Hi Briny:

Dave

Dave, I noticed that too. I went to a different computer late last night, one I hadn't used in a long time, and first thought the cookies on that machine were way old causing the old posts to show up but then realized your hard of work cleaning up all the classifieds might have caused that. A minor inconvenience for all the work you've done in that area. Thank you!
Were the ones you saw all classifieds? I had no new replies on my machine, but then, I saw all of the posts... Now when you move individual messages, you don't get notices, but I am wondering if the bulk move routines generate messages....

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

I hadn't noticed this post (it was in with my 4 pages / 66 topics) of "New" stuff this morning) when I PM'd you Dave and John about this.

Frequently I will still have numerous "New" Indicators on Topics that I didn't get around to reading all of in one sitting after clicking "Show new replies to your posts". I will come back to that computer later and again click "Show new replies to your posts" and there will be few if any even though I knew there were more earlier. Something causes the computer to lose track of them sometimes. It might be hat I was loggged into the forum in between on another computer.

Most of my 66 "New" topics this morning were in the classifieds and all will be topics that I had posted to in the past. This computer lost track of all of these topics that I had not seen the new posts to, at least not on this computer. Something to do with the hours of work that Dave did last night to further Organize the CRPF caused these "Missing" from this computer "New" indicators to come back again.

Can you go through and do the same thing to all of the other boards on the forum Dave? But give me some time to catch up first!

Terry

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_Collector on October 13, 2013, 11:36:50 AM
I hadn't noticed this post (it was in with my 4 pages / 66 topics) of "New" stuff this morning) when I PM'd you Dave and John about this.

Frequently I will still have numerous "New" Indicators on Topics that I didn't get around to reading all of in one sitting after clicking "Show new replies to your posts". I will come back to that computer later and again click "Show new replies to your posts" and there will be few if any even though I knew there were more earlier. Something causes the computer to lose track of them sometimes. It might be hat I was loggged into the forum in between on another computer.

Most of my 66 "New" topics this morning were in the classifieds and all will be topics that I had posted to in the past. This computer lost track of all of these topics that I had not seen the new posts to, at least not on this computer. Something to do with the hours of work that Dave did last night to further Organize the CRPF caused these "Missing" from this computer "New" indicators to come back again.

Can you go through and do the same thing to all of the other boards on the forum Dave? But give me some time to catch up first!

Terry

Deja vu all over again. It must have something to do with cookies. I read the above post on my main machine this morning while putting up contest #105. Did some work around the house and turned on the game, and my wife's laptop. There it was, again, making me think, "I read this already, didn't I?" It's no big deal except for questioning my mental state . . .  ::) This should all even out eventually, we hope.