"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello from Italy!

Started by Portilious, September 03, 2018, 05:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portilious

Hello everyone, I'm new here!
Started collecting rotary telephones two years ago when I was just 16 years old, I liked the look and the colors of these retro landline phone, my first phone is a yellow Siemens s62. (Not the one in the avatar, but similar).
I currently own, more or less, 30 landline phones. I buy them on local stores and rarely on the Internet. My collection is more based on the Italian phones and European ones in general, but I'm looking to get some "Intercontinental" phones too!
I'm more interested in the 60's-70's year since I like the design and colors of these landline phones, but I own some phones from the 30's to the 50's too. But again I'm not really fond about the bakelite phones.
I also collect old cellphones, computers, radios, etc...

Anyway, thank you people for letting me in this forum.  :)
-Daniel

HarrySmith

Welcome. I posted in your other thread about your new phone already.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Welcome to CRPF Daniel.

Doug Rose

Daniel...welcome to the Forum. Arwin is a Forum member who is very knowledgeable in European Telephones....Doug

http://www.matilo.eu/3-the-phones/1945-1960-late-bakelietperiode/rtt-56a-poste-national/?lang=en
Kidphone

Portilious

Thank you all for the warm welcome!  :)
-Daniel

Edit: Saw that website, it's really interesting. Thanks!

Ktownphoneco

Welcome to the forum Daniel.   

Jeff Lamb

paul-f

Welcome, Daniel.

Some of us share an interest in the same time period. Hopefully, you have already found our forum section here:
    http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=91.0

Another site of potential interest, focusing on UK phones is here:
     http://www.phone-pages.org.uk/
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

oldguy

Welcome Daniel, you will enjoy it here.
Gary

Pourme

Welcome Danie....This is a wonderful place for anyone interested in collecting phones, both novice and professionals.

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Portilious

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

dsk

Welcome to the forum Daniel.   

It is good to have an other member here knowing about the old phone-plugs with 3 prongs  ;)

Best wishes from Norway

dsk
(Dag Ståle Karlsen)

WEBellSystemChristian

Welcome Daniel!

Even thought you seem to be a European phone collector, I'm sure you'll get enthusiastic about phones from our side of the pond, like many here have! :D

I have no doubt you'll fit in here! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Portilious

Yep, I would really like to get my hands on these international phones, but I don't have much money for the shipping costs!  :-\

My best option here is to find a european "clone" of an american phone.
Luckly for me, the Face Standard (basically Western Electric Italy) company made lots of re-branded american phones here! I have a clone Princess and Trimline phone, they're basically the same but with another name and brand. They even made a clone W.E. 500! I saw a clear plastic one in a store but it was too expensive to me to buy.
If I find one of these cheap, I'll surely buy it in a heartbeat!
-Daniel

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Portilious on September 04, 2018, 06:02:35 PM
Yep, I would really like to get my hands on these international phones, but I don't have much money for the shipping costs!  :-\

My best option here is to find a european "clone" of an american phone.
Luckly for me, the Face Standard (basically Western Electric Italy) company made lots of re-branded american phones here! I have a clone Princess and Trimline phone, they're basically the same but with another name and brand. They even made a clone W.E. 500! I saw a clear plastic one in a store but it was too expensive to me to buy.
If I find one of these cheap, I'll surely buy it in a heartbeat!
-Daniel
How much was the clear 500?
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.