News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phones from Lancaster!

Started by WesternElectricBen, June 14, 2013, 11:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Ok, you wanted to see them more up close not just from the trunk of the car so here you go. If you are interested in the phones more just ask and I can take more pictures. Sorry I didn't get a very good picture of the AE 80 pink I have some of them restored now but I will have pictures when they are all done...

Like I said earlier most of them were from three REALLY NICE COLLECTORS.... Jeff, Pete, and didn't tell me his name..

Thanks,
Ben

1st: 1955 Rose Beig
2nd: 1952 500T            
3rd: 1954 Manual Set
4th: Blk set, north electric 565 from 1965 and Red 565 from 1966
5th: Aqua blue (already restored by me) 500 from 1966, green 500 from 1963 and beig 500 from 1964.
6th: 10 button trimline from 1968-being repaired-bought for 50 dollars

WesternElectricBen

And more,

7th: unknown year, Pink A&E 80
8th: 1965 Northern Electric Uniphone No. 1
9th: 3 phones, AE 80 BLK, North Electric (forgot model) and another phone I'm not even sure what it is.

Missing pictures of parts and my nos 2510 which I got for 15.00

Jim Stettler

8th is a "Northern Electric" which was The Canadian counterpart to Western Electric. I don't know the model #.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Jim S. on June 14, 2013, 01:52:31 PM
8th is a "Northern Electric" which was The Canadian counterpart to Western Electric. I don't know the model #.
Jim

Oh, yes, careless mistake!

DavePEI

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 14, 2013, 11:16:16 AM
And more,

8th: 1965 Northern Electric (unknown model)
9th: 3 phones, AE 80 BLK, North Electric (forgot model) and another phone I'm not even sure what it is.

Your Northern is a Uniphone No. 1

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: DavePEI on June 14, 2013, 02:08:51 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 14, 2013, 11:16:16 AM
And more,

8th: 1965 Northern Electric (unknown model)

Your Northern is a Uniphone No. 1

Dave

Thanks!

LarryInMichigan

Your NE Uniphone has a British GPO dial.  Many independent Canadian phone companies used British telephone switching equipment, so the also used British dials on their phones for compatibility.  One of the things that I learned many years ago while working for US Robotics (the modem company) was that the standard make-break ratio for phone dialing pulses was different for the British phone system than the North American one.  Now, it does not make a difference.

Larry

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on June 14, 2013, 06:52:42 PM
Your NE Uniphone has a British GPO dial.  Many independent Canadian phone companies used British telephone switching equipment, so the also used British dials on their phones for compatibility.  One of the things that I learned many years ago while working for US Robotics (the modem company) was that the standard make-break ratio for phone dialing pulses was different for the British phone system than the North American one.  Now, it does not make a difference.

Larry

Ok, it has 302 insides but I can't get it to break dial tone, might that be the issue?

DavePEI

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 14, 2013, 07:03:20 PM

Larry

Ok, it has 302 insides but I can't get it to break dial tone, might that be the issue?

No. Wiring is the same as a 302. Check your switchook and clean it - that could be your problem. Otherwise check wiring. The British dial won't affect breaking dial tone unless it is faulty.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: DavePEI on June 14, 2013, 07:08:39 PM

Larry

No. Wiring is the same as a 302. Check your switchook and clean it - that could be your problem. Otherwise check wiring. The British dial won't affect breaking dial tone unless it is faulty.

Dave

I think I see the problem, a white wire coming from termanal 4 isn't connected up to anything.

WesternElectricBen

Got 4 phones all finished! They are work well and have dial work on it.

1966 WE 500
1966 WE 565
1954 WE Manual
1977 WE Celebrity

DavePEI

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 14, 2013, 07:25:41 PM
Your NE Uniphone has a British GPO dial.  Many independent Canadian phone companies used British telephone switching equipment, so the also used British dials on their phones for compatibility.  One of the things that I learned many years ago while working for US Robotics (the modem company) was that the standard make-break ratio for phone dialing pulses was different for the British phone system than the North American one.  Now, it does not make a difference.

Larry

Dave

I think I see the problem, a white wire coming from termanal 4 isn't connected up to anything.
Here is the schematic for a Uniphone no.1 with BPO dial from the T-7 Catalog...

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: DavePEI on June 14, 2013, 07:37:58 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 14, 2013, 07:25:41 PM

Larry

Dave

Dave

I need glasses!

DavePEI

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 14, 2013, 07:47:38 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on June 14, 2013, 07:37:58 PM

Dave

I need glasses!
Click on the image - that will make it larger! Click twice to make it larger still!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Mr. Bones

Ben,

It looks like you scored BIG-time!!! What a gorgeous group of phones!

Of course, you do realize that both myself, and zaphod1 ruined our keyboards, drooling over the 500 with the 95A!!! :o ;)

Enjoy your treasure trove, and have a Great Weekend, young'un!

Best regards!

Mr. Bones
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus