News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

No phoneline for a bit...

Started by twocvbloke, June 17, 2013, 06:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Well, seems BT/Primus have initiated the line move from this house (which we were planning to be out of by today, but things got a bit delayed with the guarantor), so now all it produces is an Engaged tone when I pick up the phone, and of course there's no ADSL... ::)

I guess I can crack on with removing my landline phone stuff, seeing as a lot of the wiring I added or re-made as the wiring in the house was pretty poor and falling apart (quite old GPO spec stuff!!), along with refitting the standard faceplate on the Master socket, saving my ADSL one for my use... :D

It's funny how when things are gone, you realise how much you miss them, even though this is just a temporary setback, but, that's why it's always prudent to have a backup, which is why I'm able to post this as my mobile phone is tethered to my laptop giving me some faster speeds than I was getting over the ADSL... ;D
(and the geographic location on this speedtest image doesn't relate to my actual location, as it's mobile broadband and for some reason is less than 50 miles from London, which I'm not, cos I'm a few hundred miles up north!!)