News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Housing questions ???

Started by Dewdrop, April 10, 2010, 06:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewdrop

What year of a Stromberg Carlson would this yellow housing go to?

What year and what brand would the red and blue housings go to?

Appreciate your comments or expertise.

Debbie
Debbie

Jester

The yellow cover fits the 1543W, I think.  Dennis has a few of these & can give more info on it.  The two wall phone covers will fit the SC 1654 mini wall phones.  These covers are interesting--I haven't seen any without a name stamped on them before.  They all appear in great shape--good finds.
Stephen

Dewdrop

Thanks Stephen

I don't have any "mini" wall phones, just the housings. I also have a red, beige & blue TT "mini" wall housings. The TT ones have the Stromberg-Carlson logo on them. Would these be interchangeable with Western Electric wall phones?

Also have a few orange TT housings marked with SC logo.

Debbie
Debbie

paul-f

Quote from: Jester on April 10, 2010, 07:31:31 PM
The yellow cover fits the 1543W, I think.  Dennis has a few of these & can give more info on it.  The two wall phone covers will fit the SC 1654 mini wall phones.  These covers are interesting--I haven't seen any without a name stamped on them before.  They all appear in great shape--good finds.

ITT and SC used a plastic strip with their name that covered the mounting screws.  It's where the number card is on the touch tone sets.  Apparently they felt the number card belonged in the center of the rotary dial.

The yellow housing is part of a conversion kit from SC 1543 to 1586, as shown in another thread.
  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2461.0
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dewdrop

Thank you paul-f for your information.

Debbie
Debbie

paul-f

You're welcome, Debbie.

After looking at a few sets, not just photos, I see that both SC and ITT used the inserts with their names pressed into the plastic.  I've updated my previous post to reflect this info.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan

I'd say early to mid 1960's on the yellow, early 1970's on the miniwall housings.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright