News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Member from Ontario, Canada

Started by ....., January 26, 2015, 04:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello, My name is Doug. My user name is Autonut and I don't mind being called either name.

I'm not new to forums, I do belong to a few automotive forums out there in the WWW and a moderator for one. I am somewhat new at collecting rotary phones. I have been at it for a couple years now. It all started when I was at a thrift shop and picked up an 1969 wall phone. It hasn't stopped since. I now have just over 70 different rotary and touch tone telephones displayed in my garage including 4 pay phones. I'm now in the process of acquiring a 1950's wooden outdoor telephone booth that I will try to restore if purchased. Once I learn how this forum works with the posting of pictures, I will post some pictures of my collection.

Phonesrfun

Welcome to the forum.  70 is an impressive number fof someone who has only been at it a couple of years.  We find that there are many cross-over type collectors.  Collectors that collect and restore other things include cars, radios, fans, clocks, electric trains, ham radio operators and others.

To post photos, click on and expand the line below the posting text box that says Attachments and other options.  That line will expand and give you options to browse to and upload photos or other file formats to imbed in your post.  Since space is not an issue on the forum, we prefer having pictures to hot having anything at all.  In fact a link to pictures on external sites sometimes go dead after a few months because the external site pulls the photos to save space.  e_bay is a good example.  Unless the actual photos of an item we might be discussing from an ebay auction, the link will eventually go dead when ebay takes down the auction.  However, if we can upload photos from the start, we wind up having the pictures forever more.  So if you post a link to a Craigslist auction or an e-Bay auction, be sure to also grab some pertinent photos too.

There is a lot to be learned from here and a lot og talent and information..  We have an exceptionally friendly gtoup, and we have many pros and newcomers alike.  If you ask a question, you eill get a pretty speedy answer, and make a few new friends along the way,

-Bill G

dsk

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

CanadianGuy

Hello to a fellow Canadian! I'm from Winnipeg. I haven't been here long either. I don't even have any phones yet.

I wonder if us Canadians have more old phones hidden away in small towns and stuff since we aren't as densely populated compared to our neighbours below?

I've come across phones in customers homes, that are either gathering dust, packed away, or still in use!

Mr. Bones

Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy, participate, and please stick around! :D Always something new to discover...

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WEBellSystemChristian

Welcome to this spunky little group!

You sound like you already have a quite impressive collection,  and we can't wait to see pictures of it!

Enjoy, stick around!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

HarrySmith

Welcome to our little asylum! You will find lots of phone nuts here!
With 70 phones you are obviously well into the progression of Phoneitis, it will get worse! Soon you will setting up an entire room or building an addition to house all the phones.
This is the best forum on the net, full of knowledge and people willing to share it.
Looks like we are being overrun with Canuks!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Quote from: Autonut on January 26, 2015, 04:00:23 AM
Hello, My name is Doug. My user name is Autonut and I don't mind being called either name.

Hmmm, I cant decide between the two...what to call you....Auto or Nut! (Couldn't resist even though I know that I should have)! Welcome to the Classic Rotary Phone Forum.

Quote from: Autonut on January 26, 2015, 11:59:22 AM
That would be "Belleville" sir.

AKA Northern Electric/Northern Telecom Ville

Quote from: DavePEI on January 26, 2015, 08:31:41 PM
Welcome from P.E.I.!

Dave

And Vancouver.....

Terry

princessphone

Hello Doug.
Welcome. I'm from Stoney Creek, ON and a new member also. The folks here have helped me a lot and have given me a real good education. I also like old cars and a member of the CCCA. Until recently owned a '40 Packard 180. Had her for 23 years.
John DeJonge

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will be posting some pictures of my collection in a few days.

Part of my collection in my garage and the phone booth I picked up today. The pay phone is from my collection.