"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent purchases

Started by trainman, April 15, 2011, 01:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainman

Picked up the following.

WE 315 magneto box with a manual 202. $100.00. The ringer box looks better than the 202.

Kellogg manual candlestick and Kellogg magneto box. $135.00

2 Connecticut intercoms. The little green ones. About $25.00 between the two.

A WE 400k magneto box and a manual 302 and a WE 300K magneto box and a manual 302. for $150.00. These came from the Bryant Pond phone co.

How'd I do?

GG

IMHO it's all good, but anything that came from Bryant Pond is particularly special.  I don't know if that translates to economic value, but it certainly has historic value. 

I'd suggest taking a careful approach to restoring the Bryant Pond equipment, keep it as original as possible, use correct replacement parts if needed.  Since you have two of them, you could actually put them into use as a household intercom such as between upstairs and downstairs. 

trainman

Wish I had saw the Bryant Pond phones first. But, I'll just spend a little more of the tx refund.

There re still a few Bryant Pond phones left. www.bryantpond telephonecompany.com.

After I found out BP went dial in 83, I was like, wow. History there.

That is what I'm after. In house intercom.  I'll use the Panasonic pbx for phone testing.

HarrySmith

Just got my 302 and ringer box from the Bryant Pond collection. Very nice stuff! I do not have time right now to get into them or take pictures but I am very happy with the purchase. The ephemera that was included is more interesting than the phone! Mike is a vey nice guy also. Will update soon.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

trainman

None of the Bryant phones are marked with model#, but I got 2 307's, and what has to be a 250, even though it does have a ringer in it. That phone is common battery. And found another 307 on ebay. Once I replaced the line cords on the phones, i'm making my in house intercom, coupled with the magnetos, I'llhave ringing.