News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lot of Phones and Intercoms

Started by LarryInMichigan, December 27, 2020, 09:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I am supposed to meet someone in the area tomorrow to buy a lot of phones and intercoms.  If you are interested in anything in the attached picture, let me know.

Thank You

Larry

Babybearjs

Just a bunch of AE stuff, I'll pass...
John

LarryInMichigan

LarryInMichigan

Well, I bought the stuff this morning.  Some of the stuff is Edwards and some North.  I have yet to start looking carefully through it, but I will want to sell much of it if I can.

Larry

Doug Rose

Hey Larry....Is there a North with a dial like this?...Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 28, 2020, 12:42:53 PM
Hey Larry....Is there a North with a dial like this?...Doug

There isn't a dial with a housing like that here.  There is a North dial in a metal housing which was probably mounted on a switchboard, and there is also one in a North wall phone.  Both have badly broken finger wheels.

A quick look at the back of one of the AE90s showed a 1971 date.  The inside of the phone appears complete with a SL ringer.

Larry

Babybearjs

My experience with AE has been good, but disappointing. I originally started out with the AE87A 3 line phone. really loved the phone and discovered there were 2 versions of the unit. the newer had extra wiring for station lights if you changed out the light bar from a 3 position to a 6 position. it could be wired like a ITT 576. anyway, the down side was the networks they used in the #89, and 90 phones. equivilent to the 425, that were real nice UNTIL they came apart... I had a few they came apart and got that gunk electrlitic paste all over the place, or it just leaked. thats what turned me off with AE.... so I dropped collecting the phones and stayed with WE and ITT...
John