News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 49 - WE 102 in Statuary Bronze (NOS?)

Started by Doug Rose, April 30, 2010, 01:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

- Tom

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Bill Cahill

Quote from: Kidphone on April 30, 2010, 01:36:54 PM
This is the Holy Grail of 102s and it looks to be New Old Stock. Paint and cords are perfect with only small tears on the bottom cover. Everything is correct from the #2 dial, to the seamless early E1, this is over EIGHTY YEARS OLD!!!!!

Bingster....can this be you're next guess that price?.....this is truly amazing.....Doug

S C O R E B O A R D

$525.88 - Dennis Markham
$777.77 - JorgeAmely
$1150.00 - bingster
$1369.59 - Dan
$1465 - Brinybay
$1500 - AtomicEraTom
$1700.00 - Jester
$1713.53 - Kennyc1955
$2500.00 - Kidphone

I'll bid 1625.95
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

$2100.

Seems pretty clear the seller does not know they are sitting on a gold mine with this one.  I'm sure Mr. Helpful will send them message telling them.

HobieSport

I'll say $1,000., but won't be surprised at all if it goes higher.
By the way, hi everyone; I'm back finally. We just got our new internet connection today. Tony and Foots, I haven't forgotten about an AE40 for Tony and an early straight cord 500 for Foots. But my phones are in storage for a few more weeks at the moment...
-Matt
-Matt

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Tonyrotary

I'll say an even $1800. Matt, no rush, just let me know when you are ready.

foots

Matt, no rush here brother. Glad to see you posting.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Greg G.

What is the bottom cover material, cloth?  Was that used only on this particular phone, or was it used on others?  102s and 202s that I've seen have leather bottom covers.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Quote from: Brinybay on May 06, 2010, 04:46:57 AM
What is the bottom cover material, cloth?  Was that used only on this particular phone, or was it used on others?  102s and 202s that I've seen have leather bottom covers.
Briny...its wool. Moths love it and munched a few holes. Later 202s had suede (leather) covers as well as the wool and later felt. WE liked to change things up on us....Doug
Kidphone

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Doug Rose

Bill....auction ends tomorrow at 10PM eBay  160429238121....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

So far we're all way off.  It's hovered at $207.56 for almost a week now.  The last few minutes will be interesting, but I'll be at work.
- Mike Row
e

Bill Cahill