News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Weird Gray Phone.

Started by tell302man, April 25, 2014, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tell302man

I found this phone today. I have never seen one like it. Got it for 19 dollars which seemed like a good deal.

Mr. Bones

Very cool phone!

Looks like it might well have at least some Northern Electric heritage, as they made desk and wall phones in this configuration. OPW has the TT pad bezels at $9.95 (white)-$14.95 (aqua, out of stock.), so $19.00 is a good deal in my eyes.

I can't tell, from the pic, if your bezel is black, or dark brown, but I like the phone. Kinda reminiscent of the two-tone GPOs. Looking for black, and ivory bezels like this, if anybody has a cache of them.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

tell302man

It is black. The handset says Armiger on it. The handset is heavy as is the phone and it works perfect!!!!

rdelius

Scraped some tone Arminger sets years ago. Thay were used with data terminals.Parts were ITT I think

paul-f

The "Armiger" name reminded me that I have the rotary model, AA-503-3B.  Photos are here:
  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3312.msg125176#msg125176

Is your touch tone model marked AA-503-3B on a label on the bottom?  Interior photos would be interesting.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

RotoTech99

Reminds me of the WE 1500 sets, even with the addition of the star and pound buttons...