News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Do you Leich it?

Started by SUnset2, December 28, 2021, 08:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUnset2

A couple weeks ago I got a Leich cradle phone with a chrome cradle and the old style handset for a good price. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/294609362868
$30.81 including shipping.

I think this would look good with a chrome dial, if I can find an appropriate one that I can scavenge.

One thing that puzzles me is that almost all Leich telephones are for manual service, rarely with a dial.  Did they specialize in selling to telephone companies that hadn't moved to dial service?

Doug Rose

Paul....a chrome AE dial will look sharp on it. I will warn you, it is a very tight squeeze inside a Leich.

To install a dial, you have to take the entire phone apart.  Take pictures. I have lost a few in the past, gone from working to display phone.  :o 

You got a nice deal, I like the chrome cradles. They look sharp.

Good luck....Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

I don't think the versions without the ringer base are designed for dial service.
My one, now with the ringer base, was made up from a broken 'Beehive' version and a ringer base I obtained separately.

Doug Rose

Paul...here is a pic of one with the chrome dial and cradle that I had painted by Richard Rose as it was in tough shape....Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

Quote from: tubaman on December 29, 2021, 03:37:14 AM
I don't think the versions without the ringer base are designed for dial service.
My one, now with the ringer base, was made up from a broken 'Beehive' version and a ringer base I obtained separately.

If there was enough interest, I could cast some of those extension bases. Been going to do it for about 10 years now. I even have one just about prepped to make a mold out of, but I got about 1/2 way through and got side-tracked once again. That ADD just kicks in at the least favorable moment I guess! :-(  Really difficult mold to make because of both open ends and all of the vents like that.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC