News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

No Pictures today, but we had some snow here, actually so much so they stopped all buses in Oslo city for hours. Slightly tendencies to chaos, and good for the news :-)

dsk

twocvbloke

We had some snow here today too, but it pretty much melted long before it would have been a nuisance... ???

19and41

The trees and flowers are creating their yellow snow (clouds of pollen) now.  Now to finish that bottle of loratadine I started last summer.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

DavePEI

For the first time since March 18th, we are back up to a two lane road! A plow and Snow blower spent all day in the Cove widening out our cow path to return it to a normal width road! We still can't see over the banks, but at least now, we have two lanes to drive on! It took them all day to do from the highway past here, and they have headed back up the road now to widen the upper road. The driving experience has been pretty claustrophobic for a while now!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

At least you only have snow issues, according to the PC game "Unturned", PEI is full of zombies, but that said the game makes PEI really tiny, and a rather odd shape... ;D

DavePEI

Quote from: twocvbloke on March 30, 2015, 05:41:31 PM
At least you only have snow issues, according to the PC game "Unturned", PEI is full of zombies, but that said the game makes PEI really tiny, and a rather odd shape... ;D
Whatda you mean, "Zombies". I only died a few years ago and I'm still kicking! Fee-fi-fo-fum. I smell the blood of an Englishman!   :)
C*NET 1-651-0001

WEBellSystemChristian

I think you need a "Mr. Heater" on a rotating platform in your front yard. Outta take care of your snow problem! ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

twocvbloke

Quote from: DavePEI on March 30, 2015, 05:52:22 PMI smell the blood of an Englishman!   :)

Oddly enough so do I... :o

(minor nosebleed earlier, caused by digital insertion for extraction of detritus!!)

WEBellSystemChristian

Comparison of "Unturned" PEI vs real PEI:
Christian Petterson

DavePEI

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on March 30, 2015, 09:24:03 PM
Comparison of "Unturned" PEI vs real PEI:
Note the real PEI is all white  ;D The other one looks more like Prince Edward and Marion Islands (Volcanic Islands) in the South African Antarctic, or perhaps a blend of the two  :) So let the "REAL" PEI stand up!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WEBellSystemChristian

...and I'm also guessing that the terrain isn't spot-on either! ???
Christian Petterson

twocvbloke

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on March 30, 2015, 10:28:01 PM

Nope, cos that's the "Arena" map, not the PEI map...  ;D

Been playing the game myself and I've still yet to find the telephone museum... ???

DavePEI

Quote from: twocvbloke on March 31, 2015, 08:01:28 AM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on March 30, 2015, 10:28:01 PM

Nope, cos that's the "Arena" map, not the PEI map...  ;D

Been playing the game myself and I've still yet to find the telephone museum... ???
Besides, it Waaaay too green. Guess what? It is snowing again! We have gotten a few cm. this morning - they only forecast 2 cm., but it is way over that now.. By noon, 10-12 cm. Sigh.... Will this winter ever end?

Museum is buried under the snow!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Just had a blast of thundersnow here, weather's going crazy at the moment cos the jetstream is right over the UK... :o

jfisher

Woke up to 9" inches of fresh heavy wet snow this morning.  Weather forecast predicted morning snow shower. Yikes!!!!

Jerry