WE Spacesaver w/ E1 Headset "NY 1940 World's Fair" > $720.00

Started by Telstar, September 24, 2009, 08:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telstar

Anyone out there that can make a good World's Fair 6
Number Card?? :D

bingster

Welcome to the forum, Telstar!

Does this refer to an ebay auction?  I can't find a spacesaver for that amount. 
= DARRIN =

Telstar

Hi & Thanks!

Yes it was ebay # 350248894759. It ended on 9/14/09.
How do I post link to this site?

Dennis Markham

Telstar, welcome to the Forum.

Posting a link is not difficult.  Just cut and paste the link in the message box as you write your reply to create a new topic.

Here is your link:

http://tinyurl.com/yadznhe ( dead link 08-04-21 )

Notice that I used TinyURL to resize the lengthy eBay URL.  Those long URL addresses can cause havoc with the Forum software.

Simply log into www.tinyurl.com and drop the original link into the space provided, hit the button to create a new URL and then you can cut and paste the new one here on the forum.  This info is also posted here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1109.0

To upload photos, click on the Additional Options line beneath the message box.  A "browse" button will appear.

---Dennis

bingster

$720??? Yikes.  The origins are certainly interesting, but I'd be really worried about that handset being installed in 1939. It should have been an F1, since the E1 doesn't fit that hook very well, and it most likely would have had a straight cord.  Do you know what WO6-9970 rang to?  And what was WO6-9570?  I'm a '39 Fair buff, so this sort of thing interests me tremendously.

At any rate, give this card a try.   Heck, I might put it on mine, too.

http://thegreatgildersleeve.net/sharedfiles/misc/WO6-9570.png
( dead link 08-04-21 )
= DARRIN =

Telstar

Thank You!  Wow, I never realized a number card was worth so much! ::)

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: bingster on September 25, 2009, 01:21:48 PM
Do you know what WO6-9970 rang to?  And what was WO6-9570?  I'm a '39 Fair buff, so this sort of thing interests me tremendously.

World's Fair phones of any sort - now that's an interesting subject. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

Quote from: Brinybay on September 25, 2009, 03:23:01 PM
Posting the item # like you did will do in a pinch. 

I like doing that because it takes up so little space, and all a person has to do is copy that number and paste it in the ebay search box.
= DARRIN =

Greg G.

Quote from: bingster on September 25, 2009, 03:50:43 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on September 25, 2009, 03:23:01 PM
Posting the item # like you did will do in a pinch. 

I like doing that because it takes up so little space, and all a person has to do is copy that number and paste it in the ebay search box.

Either way works.
- Mike Row
e

jsowers

Did you know that if you click on the Bid History link in an auction to see the bids and then click on the link at the top of the bids page, "Back to item description," it returns you to the auction and you get the "short" eBay link with just the item number in it? It's short enough to copy and paste in one line that way.

As in... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350248894759 ( dead link 03-14-21 )

Also, you don't get a Bid History link with a BIN only auction, because there is only one bidder.

Those short links are how eBay used to be when it was simple. I've been looking lately with all the so-called improvements for that to go away, but I think sniper websites are all setup to use that link, so they can't get rid of it.
Jonathan

Dennis Markham

I had seen those shorter URL's Jonathan, but didn't know from where it came.   Good information, thanks.