News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Storing & Organizing Lots of Phones

Started by HobieSport, December 28, 2009, 11:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

I find that spaces or tabs / underscores don't seem to have any assigned width and when many are used like in this document to make a line, it always goes crazy! I have the same problem in my "AE base Code Survey" topic as well.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5514.0

Terry

Mr. Bones

Terry,

Thanks, once again for your assistance, and encouragement!

I worked in actual lead-type, handset letterpress printing, and at that time, there was an 'm' space, 'n' space, 'i' space, and a multitude of shims and spacers. Nothing like proofreading upside down, and backwards, with a deadline, and your job on the line.

Then, set up the chase, blocking, tighten the quoins just so, shim the tympan for best press. Repeat as needed.

Best regards!

Terrence

By the way, I shall try to get off me arse, pop the top on my AE40, and contribute to your database-gathering.
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

m1898

First off, Dan thanks for the log idea. Second, USPS doesn't want you to reuse boxes? On every box they have they want you to recycle their boxes. Isn't that recycling? I guess they would really get upset if I used stamps on their boxes.    Jim
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

Greg G.

Quote from: m1898 on December 10, 2013, 11:17:42 PM
First off, Dan thanks for the log idea. Second, USPS doesn't want you to reuse boxes? On every box they have they want you to recycle their boxes. Isn't that recycling? I guess they would really get upset if I used stamps on their boxes.    Jim

I've reused various sizes of their boxes for shipping several times, they've never complained.  I just make sure the labels and markings from the previous shipping are removed or covered up.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Contempra

USPS doesn't know if you use them at your house, appartment or what ever . I don't understand why they are upset ! recyling them for many purposes, its okay. I already used some when I moved and by chance USPS was a neighbour and the truck driver saw me and said nothing probably Some are too much zeal
:D.

Greg G.

Quote from: Contempra on December 11, 2013, 09:09:19 AM
USPS doesn't know if you use them at your house, appartment or what ever . I don't understand why they are upset ! recyling them for many purposes, its okay. I already used some when I moved and by chance USPS was a neighbour and the truck driver saw me and said nothing probably Some are too much zeal
:D.

Quote from: K1WI on September 30, 2012, 04:18:00 PM
Terry ,
   Thanks for pointing that out , mine are all recycled boxes. I too was informed that USPS issued boxes should not be reused as there is a chance previous labels , tape ,etc could cause a problem.
    Andy F          K1WI

Their concern is reusing them for shipping for the reasons Andy pointed out, but personally I don't hesitate to reuse them for shipping as long as they're clean and all the previous markings and labels are covered or removed.  As far as using them for purposes other than intended (e.g. free storage boxes), there's nothing they can really do about that.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e