News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Surviving Postwar Color WE Telephones

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, August 09, 2016, 09:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMikeJBenN27

Have an Imperial 202 that looks to be a gold Imperial, but on close inspection looks like it is actually a silver Imperial that somebody painted gold with a gold lacquer that is wearing off in spots.  It has an ivory painted black F-1 handset and is connected to an ITT ringer box with tan shell that I converted into a 685A equivalent by replacing the terminal board and condenser with a 425 network.  It is in back of the house and used often.  Works perfectly.

Dan/Panther

Western Electric Ivory 302  (1)
Western Electric Peking Red 302 (1)

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jester

Cristian,
I've been inactive since you suggested this, but it sounds interesting.  Two questions:

1. Do you want to know if our full color sets have color matching cords rather than gray cords?

2.  Are you counting any full color 5302/4 sets?

Thanks
Stephen

WEBellSystemChristian

Thanks for the submissions, guys! I've updated the respective sections. I also have a personal log on Google Sheets, just to keep track of who owns what phones on the list.

Jester;

First off, welcome back!

Yes, I'm counting gray-corded phones as full-color. I could have counted the black dial sets as full-color too, but they're so elusive and sought after that it might be interesting to have those as a separate category.

Hmm, I haven't thought about the color 5300 series. That's a great idea!

How would I insert another reply (category) at the end of my existing categories? Help me out here Teleplay! :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WEBellSystemChristian

With the help of John (Teleplay), we now have a 5300 series category! :)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford