News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Chicago Tel Chrome/Nickel Stick on eBay, for 24 hours? -- SCAMMM!

Started by TelePlay, May 08, 2017, 07:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktownphoneco

Dave ...   Sorry I missed the part about the "MoneyGram".    Nix the part in my message about PayPal.

Jeff

wds

Dave

wds

And again!

eBay item number:263080250533
Dave

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Dan/Panther

Quote from: Fabius on May 08, 2017, 09:31:38 PM
Seller is registered in the United Kingdom and the item is in California. Notice seller requires contact only by his personal email. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Many items I see listed as in California, have actually been in China.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

TelePlay

Like a bad penny, it's back, again. Different seller, again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1900-Chicago-Telephone-Supply-Potbelly-Candlestick-/232511758575

I've attached a PDF of the eBay listing which shows the offer for a BIN in the description.

TelePlay

This seller listed 336 items in less than 2 minutes. All with the same offer to message seller and do a side deal.

bibi0430(876) 100%

Obviously a hacked or scam account.

Amazing how someone put up 336 listings in less than a minute and it takes me a hour to do one listing. My new practice to is look at a seller's other listings to "verify" at least in my mind if the seller is legit. If still on the fence, I message the seller and see how quickly I get a reply, if at all.

TelePlay

That didn't take long. The seller is down to 0 active listings from the 336 of this morning thanks to eBay cleaning house.

Fabius

He must be aware that the listing will be removed in a matter of hours once he posts them. He must be hoping for a victim to bit in that short window of time.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

It's like a bad penny in a Whack-A-Mole game . . .   keeps popping up under a new seller handle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1900-Chicago-Telephone-Supply-Potbelly-Candlestick-/162709365130

Seller with 42,557 feedback and 12,721 current listings, all the same.

I wonder how much money these hackers make before eBay has a chance to shut them down?

Ktownphoneco

I reported the auction, AGAIN.       I'm sure just about everyone at eBay who deals with these fraudulent listings, must know this image the second they see it, and I'm surprised that eBay doesn't have software that constantly scans new listings for suspect images, that keep re-appearing under different user names over and over again, especially in so frequent a time span.  If Google Image search, and several other image searching web sites, can find a particular image on different web sites in a matter of seconds, I find it a little odd that eBay doesn't scan their listings looking for suspect images.    Whoever the "person" is that's responsible, he / she is using the exact same images each and every time.     How hard could it be for image recognition software to spot the thing ?    I just used Google Image Search using one of the pictures from the listing, and it found it in about 2 seconds.

Jeff Lamb