News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SOLD: FOR SALE -- Western 2871-62 Aqua blue 6 button multiline wall phone

Started by Key2871, April 18, 2018, 10:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

Excellent condition, 2871 multi button wall phone.
Aqua blue, with designation strip for the line buttons. I may even still have the brochure that came with the phone.
Was NOS when I got it, but I used it for a while in my other house. No box, it got lost somewhere, but has a 12' handset cord, in great condition. I may still have a nod 6' blue cord will include. I have to look in my cord bin.
Asking $100.00 plus shipping, or best offer.
KEN

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

All I have is my phone, and I don't have the first clue how to post pictures here, via my phone. In fact I don't even know how to send via email, though I could figure out that part.
Other wise, Yea I would have posted several.
KEN

AE_Collector

Yes pictures will certainly help. Especially a likely very nice looking phone like this one.

It isn't difficult since you have the phone/camera. Here is one topic showing the buttons to push.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8990.0

You will then likely have some pictures needing to be rotated but we will help with that and then show you how to get them right going forward.

Terry

Key2871

Thanks Terry, I'll go out and hope to get some nice shots.
I'm not a fan of flash because it tends to change the color, I like natural sun light for photos, and today the sun has gone into hiding again.
KEN

Babybearjs

I seem to always have to turn off the flash.... works better....
John

AE_Collector

Modern cameras need so little light it usually isn't necessary to use a flash anyway.

Terry

Key2871

OK, let's try this... After removing it from the bag I had a it in, I saw some minor fading on either side. Even though this never spent any time in direct sunlight.
The dial that it had was defective, so at that time I put an ITT electronic dial in it. And worked great. And the left side the pic shows what looks to be smudging or something. But there is nothing there. Don't understand why the pic shows something.
Take a look.
KEN

Key2871

A couple more, the handset is marked Western Electric, and the back is plain except a sticker that says AT&T.
No wear on the handset, or the cradle. I think the face plate was painted. But it looks nice.
KEN

Babybearjs

isin't the model number suppose to be 2851??? I could have swearn that's what I have..... and the rotary model is a 851.....
John

Dan F

My feeling exactly. I have several 2851 touchtone's and an 851 rotary sitting on the shelf waiting to be reinstalled someday.

Quote from: Babybearjs on April 18, 2018, 11:32:32 PM
isin't the model number suppose to be 2851??? I could have swearn that's what I have..... and the rotary model is a 851.....

Key2871

I think there was a sticker on the back that had the designation on it, but it's no longer there.
It's been my experience that when the break up came sets that were later marked AT&T didn't have numbers and date ink stamped on the back of the set. But we're marked either with a stamp, or sticker that said AT&T, some were insized with Western Electric. This is one of those sets.
KEN

Key2871

So any offers on my set? I will consider offers.
I need to thin down on some of these 1A2 sets I have.
KEN

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

I also have black, same model $75.00 plus shipping.
KEN