News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - WANTED: WE #4 dial and bells for 653, 553, 634, or 534

Started by Butch Harlow, July 21, 2018, 06:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

Refurbishing a 653 wall phone and need the bells, not the adapted B1A ringer, but the original big bells. I also need a #4 dial to complete the major parts list. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Butch Harlow

kleenax

Not home right now, but I probably can come up with those parts sir; send me a PM and I will get back with you next week sometime.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow

I have purchased 2 dials, but still need the bells. Anyone have a set for me?
Butch Harlow

Doug Rose

Are you looking just for the gongs or do you need the ringer as well. If it is just gongs. What size 2.5 or 3"....Doug
Kidphone

Butch Harlow

I need the entire ringer. The gongs are 2.5" 500 or 700 ohm coils. Working but condition otherwise no problem. I am going to clean them anyway.

Thanks for your response.

Butch
Butch Harlow

Doug Rose

I have the gongs, but no ringer.....good luck....Doug
Kidphone

Butch Harlow

It seems it will be an uphill battle. I had one on Ebay last night but got sniped at the last second. At least I made someone pay hopefully more than they wanted to.
Butch Harlow

Doug Rose

Try using a 302 ringer, later subsets when WE upgraded them a a 302 ringer in them....Doug
Kidphone

Butch Harlow

I actually have the bracket for the B1A ringer, but I want the original. I have one 634 subset I am going to borrow from to make the 653 complete, just because I hate an unfinished project. I like the sound of the larger gongs better.
Butch Harlow

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Greg G.

Quote from: Butch Harlow on August 24, 2018, 12:11:02 PM
I hate an unfinished project.

I prefer to call them OMS projects, Oh Maybe Someday!  Was this one of them?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Butch Harlow

Quote from: Brinybay on August 26, 2018, 12:21:48 AM
I prefer to call them OMS projects, Oh Maybe Someday!  Was this one of them?

It is in fact the 553/653  I got from you. I have spent all this time sourcing the correct wire. I replaced the receiver cap and cord, got a nice #4 dial, taught myself how to solder again, took a couple  necessary small parts from a 634 subset and even got a replica diagram to glue inside the box. Yesterday, I polished up a ringer body from the 634 and polished and waxed the outer shell of the 653. It looks pretty amazing. I just need to sit down and finish up all the wiring and it will be another working refurbishment.
Butch Harlow

Greg G.

Quote from: Butch Harlow on August 26, 2018, 08:50:47 AM
It is in fact the 553/653  I got from you. I have spent all this time sourcing the correct wire. I replaced the receiver cap and cord, got a nice #4 dial, taught myself how to solder again, took a couple  necessary small parts from a 634 subset and even got a replica diagram to glue inside the box. Yesterday, I polished up a ringer body from the 634 and polished and waxed the outer shell of the 653. It looks pretty amazing. I just need to sit down and finish up all the wiring and it will be another working refurbishment.

That was probably the biggest reason for my purge.  They would be better off with someone who has the time and interest (and work space) to do them justice.  Post some pics when you get done with it.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Butch Harlow

So, it wasn't as uphill as I thought. Thanks to everyone who responded and provided all the needed parts. I finally have everything I need to get this 653 together and working. Project is coming along very nicely with no rush. Pics to come shortly.
Butch Harlow