News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"1920s Farm style kitchen phone with Backlite Horn"

Started by Greg G., January 22, 2017, 11:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

In spite of all the "fluff" and other "stuff", it looks like a nice phone.  Price is too high, Bonney Lake too far.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/atq/5971232705.html ( dead link 04-06-21 )

QuoteNote: If ad is still up, the phone is still available. Will not respond to texts asking if it's available. Include the word PHONE in text to filter out spam. Thanks.

"Tell Me WHY, Haven't I, Heard from You?" Antique/Vintage 1920's Farm Style Western Electric 653 Wall Phone. $250.

WESTERN ELECTRIC WALL 653 "KITCHEN" TELEPHONE WITH BACKLITE HORN - $250

GUYS (and Gals) -- Are you racking your brain for a GREAT VALENTINE GIFT? This could be it! And it's FARM STYLE!

This is an original Western Electric 653 telephone - made in the 1920s. It is the wall version of the candlestick telephone. It was referred to as the "kitchen phone" and was manufactured in the USA. It features a classic horn style receiver and has the fabric covered cord and a tilt mouthpiece. All parts of the item appear to be in good condition with very little wear for being over 90 years old (see pictures for details on condition). Not sure if this unit works as it has not been tested, but phones like this can be restored to work again. There is currently a working model on a vintage online site right now for $500.

Right now farm-style houses are all the rage. Imagine how awesome this phone would look in your farm-style kitchen (with your farm-style sink). It's a conversation piece that will have your friends TALKING when they see it hanging on your wall. They will be amazed when you tell them this is an original antique telephone from the 1920s. The clickity-clack sound from the dial will give you enjoyment for years to come. I bet Joanna Gains would love to get her hands on this!

It's an awesome piece of our history. Notice the hook on the right hand side. Just think - phonebooks back then were so thin, they could hang from this small hook!

A model similar to this one is currently listed on Ebay for $325. This fine treasure would make a very wonderful addition to any vintage collection.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Yeah, I don't really care for "Backlite Horns".....

They ask "why they haven't heard from you" in their listing, maybe let them know it's twice as expensive as it should be.

Terry