News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bad Ebay Buyers (and Sellers)

Started by wds, October 19, 2014, 09:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

My family has dealt with similarly annoying buyers on ebay.

We once had a small ornate wooden box that we listed in an auction. There were 12 very detailed pictures of the box's condition, and we even had "no cracks or damage of any kind" in the description. A buyer claiming to be a woodworker bought it, and even sent a message about how happy he was with the condition of the item.

We sent it, and a day after it was marked as delivered, he demanded his money back, saying that the box had several splits that we didn't mention. We had every possible angle shown in the high-quality pictures, and asked him to show us where the damage was. He never responded, never gave any feedback, and never demanded money again after that!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

poplar1

Quote from: wds on February 10, 2018, 09:41:28 AM
Before the close of the auction he asked about damage to the mouthpiece - I informed him the MP was chipped and please look at the pictures.  Picture of the chip below.  He ended up buying the candlestick, and now wants to return it because the MP has a chip in it.  duh.  Round trip postage to this guy will cost me almost $50.  Just trying to save someone here some heartache - block him now.

I couldn't find the original listing (???). However, I believe your listings offer a 14-day return, but "buyer pays return shipping." Since there was full disclosure of the damaged mouthpiece, then why would you be responsible for paying for shipping both ways? (I'm not even sure the seller should pay for shipping either to or from in a case f buyer's remorse.)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

wds

I have had to block potential buyers who have caused problems, as we all do.  I have one buyer, who I had to block a while back that always sends messages requesting a much lower price than the listed price.  I actually sold him a phone below list price, then he proceeded to ask for more discounts.  He was blocked.  However, Ebay in it's infinite wisdom allows blocked buyers to continue to send messages even though they are blocked.  I have had to stop responding to his messages hoping he would stop sending them.  So, today I get a complaint from Ebay wanting to know why I'm not responding to potential buyers (this guy).  I had to call Ebay, explain the situation, and then I gave the Ebay Rep. an earful about blocking buyers but not blocking their messages.  Blocked means Blocked!!!!  She said she would see what they could do. 
Dave

19and41

It really helps with Ebay to get a live person to work things out.  Sometimes it's the only way.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

I'll say, the ONLY way to get things done. Otherwise your talking to a wall..
KEN