News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello, new to the forum, and here are images of some of my telephones

Started by ptfd121, November 02, 2017, 12:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AL_as_needed

Love the red 554 and the sign paired with it! Were those two always together or simply something you created? Either way, a nice conversation piece.
TWinbrook7

andy1702

Quote from: ptfd121 on November 03, 2017, 05:43:34 PM
pic 16. This is probably my favorite phone. I was able to trace down the phone number and found that the number was assigned to Orient State Institution, which was an institution that housed MRDD and other people with "issues" from around Ohio. Some of the residents of Orient were sent there as children for stealing, defiance and bed wetting. My parents worked at Orient in the 1980s. It was closed down in the late 80s and turned into a prison.

I like this one mainy becaus it's got a good story behind it. I also like the fact you've left the sticker on the handset as it's a part of history that is often overlooked.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

TelePlay

Finally got around to combining all of the images into 3 replies. I kept the text of any deleted single image topic in the topic that has the image and numbered the images in each reply to match the text about the phone.

A graphic posted in another topic recently is re-posted here to help people new to the forum see how to add up to 6 images to one reply.

ptfd121

The side of the pay phone has been gutted. I'm thinking it may be a Phoneco rebuild.